Wtb: 10/12 Litre Fermenters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strongbeer

Reaction score
I have a heap of experimental brews i want to make and only have a couple of 23ltr fermenters (which are currently used to ferment my house beer and whatever takes my fancy (at a 23L level).

Where can i buy 10/12 Ltr fermenters to do all my brewing experiments without using my full-size ones to do half batches?

Your local supermarket / petrol station.

Use their 10/11 litre spring water bottles with a glad-wrap and rubberband airlock. You can probably source some of those bottles for free if your workplace / friends use water coolers.

Over the past couple of years I have tried four different Fresh Wort Kits. I am glad I saved the containers as for the past few months I have concentrated on small-batch experimental recipes and/or styles. The 15L containers ("Brewer's Selection") come with a 'threaded bung' if you want to use a tap. I have filled a container to 'the brim' with 16.5L of hot water. I have fermented up to 15L batches with no 'blow-overs'. eg. fermenting initially at the yeast's recommended low end. eg. 15/16 C. Ale; 9/10 C Lager

Cheers

i regularly use 2 x 8lt garden sprayers to play with different yeasts. you can pour in another litre or so of wort over the advertised capacity

also if you have modified it for use as a party keg then take the diptube out and you have a blowoff valve

cheers

kymba

Would a 15lt. cube do the trick?
They actually hold about 17lt full as.
Drill a hole in the cap for grommet and airlock and off you go.
If the bung isn't drilled out you could do this (if wanted) and whack a tap in and your in business.
Extra caps are easy to source and you could also use them for "no chills" etc.

I have a heap of experimental brews i want to make and only have a couple of 23ltr fermenters (which are currently used to ferment my house beer and whatever takes my fancy (at a 23L level).

Where can i buy 10/12 Ltr fermenters to do all my brewing experiments without using my full-size ones to do half batches?

I bought two 15L fermenters from Grain and Grape for a similar purpose. These are the smallest I've seen for sale but if they are too large, I'm sure you'll be able to find something suitable among the above suggestions.

You can also buy 10/12 L glass demijohns - http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/product_in...roducts_id=8022.

If GG postage costs are prohibitive to Toowoomba, I'm sure one of the other sponsors (eg craftbrewer) could probably help.

Woah heaps of good ideas above:

and another: those blue plastic picadilly (or equivalent) water cooler containers.

Fresh wort kits are the go... 15-16L. perfect and you get a batch of beer with it :chug:

Back