Wort To Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizzla

Reaction score
Hi Quick quetion from a extract tryhard. After I have boiled my malt with appropriate hop additions and 1/2 whirlock five minutes from the end and after cooling the approx 7 litres word i can't decide wheather to strain the lot into the fermenter or strain untill the hops dregs start collecting in the strainer. Should I get as much liquid as possible into the frementer or call it quits when the strainer fills up. I beleive the proteins and gunk should be in the bottom and don't want them in the brew but also dont want to leave any goodies behind.

Thanks for any help

AG or extract? your asking a AG question but the extract try hard kinda leads another way lol

AG or extract? your asking a AG question but the extract try hard kinda leads another way lol

All extract with a bit of crystal. Practicing for all grain. Wort consists of dry malt and crystal liquor for hops isomerization and LME later for steralisation and protien drop out

tip it all in. I tried getting removing the break from extract and it was a pain. I dont think the beers ended up better, For the effort and all its not worth it and the brake in the crystal is not enough to worry about. The hops will settle into the yeast trub and so will the break material so I would tip the whole lot in.

Latest posts

Back