Wort Chillers For 50 Litre Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doc said:
What about a dry ice pre-chiller. This would be great for you FNQ and NT boys.
Found here.

Beers,
Doc
I wouldn't be suprised to find that would freeze your chiller water. Hence, NO flow

tl i before i use the cfc i run real hot boiling water through it to sanitize then when i finish and and clean the kettle out of hop debri and break material i then run through another hot boiling water to clean it i run about 4 litres to clean so far it be ok but time will tell dont want no infections

Jazman,
That is exactly what I do and it is spot on. I have no probs at all doing it that way and it is simple. You can use this method wether or not you have a pump.

I, like many others used to worry about how it all worked but any CFWC that has been discussed will work just fine.
As far as water consumption is concerned, I think you would find that an immersion chiller would use a lot more water to achieve the same temp as a CFWC.

IMHO water consumption is not a problem as you can run it on the garden or into a drum and save it, or, down the drain, after all water is still less than $1.00 per kilolitre in most parts and most brewers would use more water washing and cleaning 30 king browns or 60 stubbies than cooling 23 litres of wort in a few minutes.
Cheers,

So to make a cfwc is it just a matter of feeding the 3/8" pipe into the 1/2" pipe and bending the whole lot around something and braising suitable ends onto the pipes?

Is there any issues with the internal pipe touching the external pipe, etc?

Has anybody used or bought the CFWCs that Goliath & Grumpys sell? They look hard to beat for the price.

Latest posts

Back