Worst Comerical Beer You Had

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worst beer ever was a Budweiser, so damn sweet! Like everything esle American, over loaded with sugar.

A close second is that dish water the over inflated jocks in the city drink. Also known as Corona!

PostModern said:
Gerard_M said:
Any beer in a clear bottle !
Hear, hear. I generally abide by this rule.

One exception - bland but not foul (pardon the pun) - is Old Speckled Hen.
Ah, but if you haven't tried it as a cask ale then you will realise it isn't normally bland :p

Agree with the clear glass bottles.

Worst commercial beer I have tasted is Fosters, Emu Bitter, and Beez Neez. West End draught would be in there but I would still drink it on a hot summer's day :ph34r: !

C&B
TDA

Yeah...what's up with Beez Neez??? How can this beer get so much distribution...I see it everywhere. I hope I don't offend anyone, but I was so dissapointed by it. I thought hmmm...a wheat beer with a mild honey flavour...sounds good to me. WRONG!!!! No flavour whatsoever. I think I tasted something but it could have been dinner repeating on me.

Thats what I thought mate and I paid about $6 for 1.

Was ropeable.

The Hahn PA I tried the other week was pretty atrocious.

I even tossed out the 30ml taster.

Anything from the Geelong Brewery. I reckon they get their water from the Werribee turd farm. :ph34r:

Warren -

Coppers Sparkling ale....a lot of people seem to like it, I tried one after polishing 1/2 case consisting of my favourite commercial beers (Melb Bitter, Carlton Black, Coopers Pale) and still couldn't stand it (yeah waiting for the burning, re the MB in particular :rolleyes: )

apart from that I hate tasteless beers, that is Xdry, carlton prem dry, carlton cold, corona, etc

Red Wolf in NW China is pretty bad. If I thought that there were any wolves left in China I would say that the wolf had pissed in the bottle. Though.... I did see lots of dogs around.

Got to agree that Bee's Knees is pretty awful, considering the big raps I have heard it given.

cheers

B)

Rheineck. Dishwater.
Coors. Shite.
Personally I think Heineken is well over-rated, working class swill, not even imported anymore, selling for way too much. Shits me when I go into my local brewpub and see suits drinking from green bottles when there is at least 6 _amazing_ beers on tap. The power of marketing.

Rheineck. Dishwater.
Coors. Shite.
Personally I think Heineken is well over-rated, working class swill, not even imported anymore, selling for way too much. Shits me when I go into my local brewpub and see suits drinking from green bottles when there is at least 6 _amazing_ beers on tap. The power of marketing.

You pay alot, it must be good. I made the mistake of getting one the other day, should've got the St Arnou pale ale instead, was heaps better.

My least favorite beer = Extra dry platinum. The stuff is beyond shit.

Rheineck. Dishwater.
Coors. Shite.

Was in a city pub with some friends a couple of years back. An "aquaintance" was drinking Nastro Azzuro so we asked him why fork out the extra cash for it. I shit you not, his reply was "It suits the image i want to portray". He didn't like it when we told him he was just drinking the Italian equivalent of VB. Complete Tosser.

Anything from the Geelong Brewery. I reckon they get their water from the Werribee turd farm. :ph34r:

Warren -

Is that the Scottish Cheifs???

No Linz. IIRC Scottish Chief's head brewer is the same as Bells Hotel in Sth. Melb. Their beer is superb. :beerbang:

Geelong Brewery is a mini-mega CUB wannabee. Only difference being is their beer is worse if you can believe it. :(

Warren -

22005.jpg

I can drink almost anything.

Worst I've had is a beer in NW china called four star, I couldn't get half way through the bottle, and it was the only beer they had in town.
Coors Light: I had three sips and tipped it out

There are a lot of ordinary Australian beers, Carlton Sterling is pretty bad although I did manage to finish one stubbie. Water tastes better.

bees neez is a non offensive beer but there is something which makes it undrinkable after the first glass.

Latest posts

Back