Woolworths to exit Masters hardware venture

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found that for home use Ozito stuff is excellent. My wee electric mower has gone on to it's second owner after 4 years service and my milling drill is kickarse. However you'll never see Ozito anywhere else.

I will say of them, they must have one of the most freewheeling return policies going. I've tried it on a few times, even without a receipt the lady is only to happy to exchange or refund.
Last time it was a pair of DeWalt work shoes I returned after a walking round in them for week just because I didn't like the way they were breaking in. No worries.
I'm sure I overheard the cashier in the garden center tell a punter to return his plant if it dies. Imagine if they sold pets.. Can't be any fairer than that.

Dave70 said:
I will say of them, they must have one of the most freewheeling return policies going. I've tried it on a few times, even without a receipt the lady is only to happy to exchange or refund.
Last time it was a pair of DeWalt work shoes I returned after a walking round in them for week just because I didn't like the way they were breaking in. No worries.
I'm sure I overheard the cashier in the garden center tell a punter to return his plant if it dies. Imagine if they sold pets girlfriends.. Can't be any fairer than that.
FTFY

hot-twins-27.jpg

wide eyed and legless said:
I have been involved with goods with exactly that, accredited sticker with an AS/NZS false number, even had the cheek to put a warning label on the goods BEWARE OF COPIES.
Ta Da it's happened, as report on ABC 891 radio Adelaide today 2 substations on the Seaford electric rail line have been found to have traces of asbestos in the cement sheet flooring.
The contractor has the paper work from the Chinese manufacturer stamped with compliances etc ,it therefore meets the S A Gov requirements and the shit has hit the fan !
I heard a Gov rep on the radio and the arse covering was un Fckn believable .
All who came in contact with it,including their families are now are risk.
Just imagine the workers clothes being in the washing machine and an asbestos particle lodging in the clothes of the missus and kids......

Price matching is bullshit
I tried to price match a nexus tablet at Harvey Norman but they refused as they had a slightly different return policy to officeworks.

Coalminer said:
Price matching is bullshit
I tried to price match a nexus tablet at Harvey Norman but they refused as they had a slightly different return policy to officeworks.
This court judgement may be of interest The applicant (“ACCC”) and the respondent (“Bunavit”) agree that during 2011 and 2012 the latter’s employees made certain oral statements to two consumers and, in so doing, contravened ss 18 and 29(1)(m) of the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”). ACCC seeks declaratory and injunctive relief and the imposition of pecuniary penalties.
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission v Bunavit Pty Ltd [2016] FCA 6
QUD 304 of 2013 12 January 2016
Bunavit operated as a single retail outlet (the “Store”) in Bundall, Queensland, under the trade name “Harvey Norman AV/IT Superstore Bundall”, selling electronic products and providing after-sales service. It traded pursuant to a franchise agreement with a subsidiary of Harvey Norman Holdings Ltd. I shall refer to both the parent and the subsidiary as “Harvey Norman”. Bunavit ceased trading in February 2015 and does not intend to trade in the future.

http://www.judgments.fedcourt.gov.au/judgments/Judgments/fca/single/2016/2016fca0006

The Masters business model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xpzyk8Uo3E

lots a peeps outa work

was wondering how long they'd last

big green shed makes you agree to supplying them only, thats why there is little to nothing the same in both

I did some work at a relatively new development last year building a Bunnings, which was cheekily set up right next door to Masters.
Masters had their store up and running maybe 6 months in advance, Bunnings got all the customers.
I did enjoy getting a coffee from masters (they had a McCafe inside) before heading over to site. haha.

Capture.PNG

Latest posts

Back