Wolfram Alpha

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it on TV this week.

Trouble is it failed to answer any question on any subject I put to it.

Google came up with hundreds of links but then you take all day sifting through finding the correct solution.

I will have another go when I am feeling like finding a method that works better.
i.e. read the bloody instructions first.

At least it gets the big questions right!

Untitled.jpg

Trouble is it failed to answer any question on any subject I put to it.

Google came up with hundreds of links but then you take all day sifting through finding the correct solution.

Google Squared is coming pretty soon too. Similar in concept.
There was a Youtube vid on Google Squared recently too.

Doc

At least it gets the big questions right!

Neat that's about as useful an answer as I got when I asked why a computer would not POST. At least google points to relevant forums with similar problems.

i.e. what's postal services got to do with computers. ?

I think you're missing the point, it's not meant to be a search engine like google, it doesn't browse the web for forum posts etc. think of it more like a really advanced calculator.

Or a really good way to find out how many days old you are.

Or a really good way to find out how many days old you are.

lol, yeah that is one function of it :p

I've used it a few times to work out motor breaking torque (i can never remember the formula) just type some frequency and power in whatever units and it tells you.

Also good for nutrient breakdown of some foods.

I'm sure it has other uses too :) Good for doing semi complicated maths calculations and graphing stuff, if you need to look at graphs for anything.

It hadn't heard of Gdel's incompleteness theorem when I checked either. Interesting...

Back