Wish I'd Taken A Picture!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insight

Reaction score
Last week I dry hopped my SNPA clone which has been in primary now for about 3 weeks. On Monday I moved it out of the fermenting fridge to make room for another brew. I have put it in the shed (where it is pretty cold) with a towel around it to deter light getting in - it is a glass fermenter.

Yesterday I noticed probably 30 white spots floating about on the surface with all of the dry-hop floaties. I haven't had an infection in a batch for years, so was a bit annoyed with myself. I decided to leave it for the moment to see what would happen. This morning the white spots are gone! I have a calm, flat surface with hop gunk floating in it again.

What do you think? Keg it?

Taste it and smell it, if it tastes and smells clean then keg.

Cheers
Andrew

Andrew

I have had simmilar white spots on the top of My brews before that have come and gone with no ill effects on the beer. I would Keg it for sure .

I am sure some one will come upi with the techy reasons of what is actually happening

Cheers
Aw

The action of moving it just stirred a little of the settled yeast into action, which you saw as little clumps of white bubbles on the surface. An infection will generally show as a film like skin over the surface.

cheers Ross

Hops do not cause infections. Hence... :chug:

Latest posts

Back