Windows Call Center

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure am. Scambaiting is a serious calling undertaken by hundreds of people worldwide. The noble mission is to get scammers so caught up in the dream of a big catch (that doesnt exist) that over months (sometimes years) their time & money is wasted on the bait, and they aren't focusing on innocent, gulliable victims. You should see some of the hi tech tools we have at our disposal, such as fabricated shipping companies, GPS parcel tracking services, wire transfer services that lead scammers through infinate dumb questionnares, document creation tools, false church websites, dead file creators, Ip tracking services for Gmail accounts (which are normally masked) and more. Scammer Bank accounts often get closed down too, a real PITA for some West African villager to get reinstated.

Good on you, mate. Seriously.

Sure am. Scambaiting is a serious calling undertaken by hundreds of people worldwide. The noble mission is to get scammers so caught up in the dream of a big catch (that doesnt exist) that over months (sometimes years) their time & money is wasted on the bait, and they aren't focusing on innocent, gulliable victims. You should see some of the hi tech tools we have at our disposal, such as fabricated shipping companies, GPS parcel tracking services, wire transfer services that lead scammers through infinate dumb questionnares, document creation tools, false church websites, dead file creators, Ip tracking services for Gmail accounts (which are normally masked) and more. Scammer Bank accounts often get closed down too, a real PITA for some West African villager to get reinstated.

That is awesome, I'd love to see the look on some of their faces when work out they've been duped at their own game! Classic! :lol:

Well, finally got the call today. He claimed to be from 'Windows', and that my computer was running very slow, and it now contains corrupt files. I agreed; "yes, it has been running very slow lately " ;) I turned the modem and computer off right away and had some fun. Had the wanker on the phone for about 25 minutes. I pretended I couldn't find the bottom left of the key board because I didn't know left from right.
He wanted me to press control R to open run. I told him I had to get my wife to help me find the keys because I couldn't read the ABC's on the keyboard. He grew slightly impatient. Then I told him nothing was happening, did I need to turn the computer on? "Yes, sir, you will need your computer turned on. "I didn't know I had to have it turned on, mate. You'll have to wait while while I turn it on." ;)

Apparently he was in Melbourne, Australia. I asked about the weather...what was Melbourne like this time of year. Surprisingly, he didn't have much to offer.

Then I gave it to him both barrels. I don't think I've abused anyone like that before. I told him I knew it was a scam and that I had been having him on the whole time. He ended up hanging up on me.
Scum bag.
Cheers, John.

:lol: :lol: Nice work jyo, they're a bunch of assholes and deserve to get the run around. I just wish I had've taken the call at our place instead of the missus.We wouldn't have lost $250 then

:lol: :lol: Nice work jyo, they're a bunch of assholes and deserve to get the run around. I just wish I had've taken the call at our place instead of the missus.We wouldn't have lost $250 then

Mate, at the time I was thinking about all the people (my Mother outlaw is one of them) who have been scammed. If I didn't have my baby son with me at the time I could've spent hours acting like a brainless moron (I am surprisingly quite good at this!!)
Screw them all. I just hope that the short amount of time I spent with him stopped someone a little less knowing from getting arsed about.

Cheer, John.

I did the same as jyo regarding abuse. Absolutely gave it to the bloke. Then he started calling me a swine and said I fuk my sister!! I hung up and he kept ringing. So I grabbed a whistle and blasted him the next few times he rang. He soon stopped.

I checked the IP of the website he gave me and it was located in India.. He told me he was in Adelaide..

I did the same as jyo regarding abuse. Absolutely gave it to the bloke. Then he started calling me a swine and said I fuk my sister!! I hung up and he kept ringing. So I grabbed a whistle and blasted him the next few times he rang. He soon stopped.

I checked the IP of the website he gave me and it was located in India.. He told me he was in Adelaide..

That's gold, Mat!

Haha! Awesome! I need to get me a whistle... :lol:

I just had a call from these guys.

"I am calling about the computer, sir."

"Oh. Right. Which computer is that? We have several"

"The one with Windows operating system, sir. We've received warning messages about your computer."

"Do you feel bad?"

"Pardon, sir?"

"Do you feel bad about the lies you tell to people?"

"What, sir?"

"I don't have a Windows machine here."

beep...beep...beep...

Shame, I was hoping more from him than that.

I just had a call from these guys.

"I am calling about the computer, sir."

"Oh. Right. Which computer is that? We have several"

"The one with Windows operating system, sir. We've received warning messages about your computer."

"Do you feel bad?"

"Pardon, sir?"

"Do you feel bad about the lies you tell to people?"

"What, sir?"

"I don't have a Windows machine here."

beep...beep...beep...

Shame, I was hoping more from him than that.

Bugger... he's probably still working on Bonj & his Linux emporium... :rolleyes:

I had one about a week ago and I let him talk for about 5 mins before I started to lecture him about scamming people and asked him why he didn't get an honest job, his reply was "well, you give me one" I got another call the next day, let the guy go though his spiel, said yeah, I'll go turn on the computer then went back to watching the TV. 10 mins later the guy was still waiting so I gave him the honest job lecture. He got quite upset poor thing.

-BD

Had one a few weeks ago. I told him okay, but I'm going to have to hang up as I'm still on a dial up modem.
Next time it happens I'll get him to ring me back on "my office phone" and give the number of the local cop shop.

we had a few around xmas time, i had a bit of abuse from one bloke when i tried to sell him a horse.

I tell them that I need to turn the stereo down and then put the phone down and time how long they will hang on for till they hang up. 27 mins is my record

Cheers
Chris

I've been called 3 times over the last month because he always says in an Indo accent "my name is Kevin and I am calling you from Melbooorne from a Microsoft Business Partner..." So I asked him "What's your Address in Melbourne?" and he says "69 Albert Park" so I ask him what street in Albert Park, because Albert Park is a suburb. Anyway he walks over the top of that one, so I say.... "hey Kevin, I'm going to practice my Turkish Singing on you", and then launch into an number. (without the intro of course because I can't play an instrument).

Edit: hey Browndog I'm going to sing to you at BABBs next week ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
3 months after SWMBO lost $250 to these arseholes the money was mysteriously returned to her account. God knows how. She is still banned from answering the phone however......

Pretty impressive that the money got returned though, good on your bank for getting it back.

Had another one of these today. Was able to string him out a bit because I happened to be sitting in front of a windows machine which isn't something I can say ever day.

Anyway, he goes through the spiel "proving" that he's talking about the right machine by getting me to pull up some file common to every Windows machine and reading it back to me. Then he gets me to put a URL into the run dialogue. Uh, I don't think I'll be doing that..should be safe enough to run in in the linux machine I had running next to it so I punch it into my browser.

"Tell me what you see. sir"
"A big warning telling me an executable file is trying to open."
"Do you see something like "run", sir?"
"Uh, yeah, but I'm not going to click it."
"Why not, sir?"
"You say you know what OS I am running, which version is it?"
"Windows 7, sir."
"No, I'm running Windows Server 2008 R2."
"..."
"You lie to people. You lie to people so you can steal from them. You're a bad person. You should feel terrible."
By the time I get to "bad person" he's saying, as calmly and quietly as you please:
"Just **** off, sir. Just **** off."

Laugh? I nearly shat myself.

"You lie to people. You lie to people so you can steal from them. You're a bad person. You should feel terrible."
By the time I get to "bad person" he's saying, as calmly and quietly as you please:
"Just **** off, sir. Just **** off."

Laugh? I nearly shat myself.
Love it, SWMBO kept one of them on the phone for 15+mins the other day, talking total tech-sounding-bullshit back at them, but all that happened after she refused to go to their website was that they finally hung up, wish she'd got the emotional response you did, it would have made her day.

Latest posts

Back