Windows Call Center

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love any telemarketers ;)

i have a spiel i give them

1. always answer "hello"
2. if you get the "is mr XXX there" then it's game on :)
3. i put the phone down and scream "XXX come get the phone " "WHAT!!" "F#@%ED if i know who it is"
4. then XXX picks up the phone an starts talking in a slack jawed local kind of fashion
5. string them out as long as possible..... i just avoid saying yes or agreeing about anything

had the windows mob last year, really got him excited when i told him that the last guy who called from "windows" helped me out real good and my puter needed more service as it had slowed again.... lol clown took the bait so well i nearly pissed myself laughing :)

i kept asking if he meant my right or his right cause he was looking at my screen from the other side... and i needed him to slow down the instructions..

lol you can even put them on speaker and do a toilet run using a jug of water if you need a laugh

if they ask you to transfer money (and your acting a little slow or using a kleetus accent) tell them

Ivs keeps alls me monnies in jar, if i puts somes of it in thhat ejecting cup holder things and closes it real good, is that goindf to be sending the monnies to yous?

when they tell you no and you need to use a credit card, ask them if its like that internet banking stuffs. they will say yes, then change topic and ask about internet dating and if you pay them will you get a date of the 'innernet' dating site...

heaps of ways to frustrate them

The scam was set up by Indians in Melbourne and I believe (from Whirlpool) they used to operate from Albert Park. When these guys call I ask them where they are and they always say "Mell Borne" so I say "Albert Park?" and they always say yes that's right, so I ask them if it's still snowing today.

I got a call from Browndogs friends the other week and managed to record the conversation and have for a giggle.
419eater FTW :super:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ah, no. That would be terrible!"

Awesome.

I've just found my new catchphrase.

I got a call from Browndogs friends the other week and managed to record the conversation and have for a giggle.

heh... very patient! Sounds much like what I strung them along with, love how she backpedals and then tries to scam you on your Mac anyway... lowlifes

omg did that scammer even take a breath?! i couldnt keep up with her.

nice doogie. love the emotional inflection on your words. funny as.

I told them I was using Linux.... they then wanted me to shut down the linux program and go to the start menu on the bottom left...

I tell you, I was seriously worried when they told me that the light under my IP address on their server was blinking red.

I asked them where the server was and they said it was on the internet :p "But how do you fit a WHOLE server rack inside the internet?"

*click*

I tell you, I was seriously worried when they told me that the light under my IP address on their server was blinking red.
Even my GF knows to ask them to tell her what her IP address is and what the exact problem with her computer is - surprisingly they never know that information. ;)

Was thinking I need ti tell missus about this thread today... Get home and 1hr later she tells me she.got ghis weird call about tge computer.
Oh fk I thjnk im too late.
She said tge guy said the computer is running dangerously slow, will die in 3 min and loose everything.
My wife decides shes too busy with the kids and cant deal with it, and hangs up.
Lol, ignorance is bliss.

I tell her about the scam and she had no idea. If we didnt have 3 kids under 5 etc she may have done sonething silly. Mind u it threw her cause we a pc and a mac and she didnt knt know which comp they were talking about etc.

I told her she should lead them on next time. Her response... I dont have time fir that, and it seems a bit mean . Guess we have diff ideas of whats funny. Mean?! Wtf, theh are scammer fks!!!

Women are weird

"You'll see with your own eyes!" Fantastic. It's like she can't believe her luck. All politics/ethics/philosophy aside that is both funny and informative!

"S! T! A! R! T! START" HAHA!

Nice one chief, I'm sharing that on facebook...

"You'll see with your own eyes!" Fantastic. It's like she can't believe her luck. All politics/ethics/philosophy aside that is both funny and informative!

"S! T! A! R! T! START" HAHA!

Nice one chief, I'm sharing that on facebook...
Post the link

This the 'embed' business (as I'm the sort of computer barbarian who could almost fall for this stuff except for "this problem or that problem"...that might ring a few warning bells haha...

http://youtu.be/VSPaA5LFzFY

edit:... ) - there is the closed parentheses.

My wife strung one along yesterday.
She played stupid by repeatedly asking "but how do you know I've got a problem?!"
Scammer ended the call with "oh just shut up bitch"

I was mightily impressed.

My wife strung one along yesterday.
She played stupid by repeatedly asking "but how do you know I've got a problem?!"
Scammer ended the call with "oh just shut up bitch"

I was mightily impressed.
That's wonderful!

A friend of mine kept getting those calls, and kept insisting she was running linux. They still phoned her on a weekly basis.

Had me in stitches! :icon_chickcheers:

Ha! Necro thread, but.....

Just had a call from someone claiming to be from the Australian Federal DNCR (Do Not Call Register) over a tinny, crackly line from possibly India (judging by the accent).

She empathised with my current situation of having numerous scam calls per week and how it must be very annoying for this to occur. I told her I had indeed received an uncountable number of scam calls. She agreed that I had and that I had registered my details with them. I entertained her for a bit and then began asking q's about her agency and the possibility of her providing me with a call reference number or even her employee number for security reasons (I was making shit up at this point). She didn't like that, as it would be a breach of security.

She offered me $3276.00 as compensation for my recent negative phone experiences due to a fault in the DNC register. I was clearly excited at this point.

If the kids weren't with me I would have kept her going for a lot longer. Fun times.

Back