Windows Call Center

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if anyone heard of it, but there were some charity scams a couple of months ago riding on the back of the QLD floods, with people calling and asking for money. Fortunately, through the diligent work of some dedicated baiters, at least one of the operations was shut down very quickly :) Ultimately, scammers get greedy and become stupid and sloppy in their operation when there's something major dangling before them.

These pricks scammed my mother in law.
She's such a good-natured old bird, just thought that the lovely peeps from 'Windows' were trying to fix her computer problems. She allowed them remote access to her computer and before she knew it, they had grabbed $150.00 from her bank account! This was about 3 months ago. F##kn arseholes.

I wish they'd call me. I can dribble some shit when I want to, I'd love to string them along for an hour or so.

We got a call the other night like this, they very quickly hung up when
I told them run macs and I know it's a scam. Bastards

we had a random heavy breather a few years back , so I got a little personal alarm thingy , about 120db and gave the basted a blast , actually heard him drop the phone and cry out , before I hung up .. problem solved ..

had heard about this latest scam last week on ABC computer talkback ,, so went out to my parts box and now have my little gadget sitting by the phone hoping they call soon :)

Rendering someone partially deaf is a bit hardcore.

Received a text yesterday saying I had one $2million and to text or email back. Have been receiving spam emails to this effect for quite a while but the SMS angle may be new.

You can. Come join our noble mission... http://forum.419eater.com/forum/

Warning, it is time-consuming and addictive.

Very time consuming, very addictive, and also very dangerous. They way I like it :icon_cheers:

If you don't know what your doing, don't do it! (not saying you don't Silo, just saying for others who are interested, but haven't done it before)

Very time consuming, very addictive, and also very dangerous. They way I like it :icon_cheers:

If you don't know what your doing, don't do it! (not saying you don't Silo, just saying for others who are interested, but haven't done it before)

Indeed, there are many rules of engagement. Good to hear from another baiter / brewer. I have had a Malaysian Barrister on the leash for the last three months :lol: Six documents, two other lawyers, a mini-safari to the wrong airport and a wire transfer that just can't be collected.....

My missus got scammed by the 'Windows' phone callers the other week while I was at work. I got home to her saying how computer savvy she was getting these days and told me what she'd done. FARK! I had to change all our passwords etc, no malware had been installed though. Then she tells me it cost $250! It hurts a little to think of all the grain I could've bought with that...

Indeed, there are many rules of engagement. Good to hear from another baiter / brewer. I have had a Malaysian Barrister on the leash for the last three months :lol: Six documents, two other lawyers, a mini-safari to the wrong airport and a wire transfer that just can't be collected.....

If you are serious, I tip my pretend hat to you. These wankers deserve everything thay get.

HAHAHHA...... I got a call from one of them..

I told the bloke I was running Linux... He asked me to shut it down as it may interfere with the upgrade of windows.... :lol:

Actually it reminds me of a vacum cleaner salesman that turned up at my old place.

He banged on for ages about how good it was at cleaning carpet, showed me all the attachments ( whislt still on the verendah )..

I then let him look inside and explained that the whole house had wooden floors...

He was not impressed :lol:

If you are serious

Sure am. Scambaiting is a serious calling undertaken by hundreds of people worldwide. The noble mission is to get scammers so caught up in the dream of a big catch (that doesnt exist) that over months (sometimes years) their time & money is wasted on the bait, and they aren't focusing on innocent, gulliable victims. You should see some of the hi tech tools we have at our disposal, such as fabricated shipping companies, GPS parcel tracking services, wire transfer services that lead scammers through infinate dumb questionnares, document creation tools, false church websites, dead file creators, Ip tracking services for Gmail accounts (which are normally masked) and more. Scammer Bank accounts often get closed down too, a real PITA for some West African villager to get reinstated.

Back