Windows Call Center

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep going until they hang up. The best one is tell them you only have a typewriter. They try and ask you to click on stuff as they have no idea!

Just got hung up on again. Didn't get sworn at this time which is a shame.

I hear SWMBO answer the phone. Then I hear the voice she reserves for telemarketers. After a little while I hear her trying not to laugh and she says "Can I put you on to my husband? He knows a lot more about computers than I do" and my night immediately improves. I fucken love these guys.

So he wishes me a good evening, etc. Tells me about the error messages they've been getting for the computer located at [my actual home address]. I ask him how he got my home address and he tells me that it is the address to which my windows installation is registered. I tell him that I did not give Microsoft my home address and he tells me that I did. I assert that I did not and even if I had why would Microsoft give it to them? His answer was pretty amazing.

He asks me if I've heard of DefSat 3 (or something similar) and I tell him that I have not. He tells me that it is a satellite that tracks and records the home address and phone number of everyone on the planet. I ask him if the satellite also connects everyone's location and contact details with their IP address and is that how they were able to connect me with the error messages? He says that that is the case. I then go on to ask if the entire world's internet traffic goes through this one satellite in order for this to be possible. Unfortunately I am trying fairly hard not to laugh at this point and am doing a fairly poor job as he says "This isn't funny. You are laughing, sir!" And I said "yes it is, this is complete bullshi..." but he'd hung up at this point.

I really wish I'd handled this one better. Could have been so much fun.

Also had another one during the week actually claiming to be from Microsoft's Windows department. Pretty ballsy.

When ever my brother gets one of these calls he goes to the kitchen, gets a lighter, a bottle or glass of water and a straw. While talking to the scammers he asks them to "just hold on a sec", flicks the lighter once or twice, puts the straw in the bottle/glass of water and blows for a few seconds. He then fake coughs, loudly and repeatedly. When he picks up the phone again he says,"Hello?Who's this again?".
He does this several times, probably every two minutes or so. Each time he answers in a more vague and forgetful fashion. Some of the scammers get quite upset: "What are you doing, sir? I am trying to help you with your faulty computer. I don't understand what is going on sir". He just answers with a very vague (and Chong-like), "Wha'?"

Eventually they get the shits and hang up.

Tell em they're a bunch of curry gobbling ***** and that tendulkar is a pedo

Oh man. Racism is hilarious and a really great way to make friends on the internet.

Can I speak to ur supervisor mr wall
No
Can I speak with mrs wall
No
Can I speak with any of the walls
No
Are any of the walls there
No
What's holding up the roof!!

They hate that

Back