Win American Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wee stu

wee stu's brury - hand made beers, award winning l
Reaction score
As part of a generous sponsorship from Craftbrewer
entrants in this year's American Pale Ale category at ANAWBS will be competing for hops, as well as the usual trophies, medals, certificates, glory and bragging rights :)

Ross is contributing 10 90g sachets of hops to the prize pool. 5 for first place getter, 3 for second and 2 for third. These will be selected by Ross from the rarer and more exotic American varieties - no danger of just picking up more chinook and cascade.

And, don't forget hopheads, at ANAWBS there is a class exclusively for American Pale Ales - for which you can win The Craftbrewer American Pale Ale trophy. Bring on those humulone heavy hopominations!

I understand Ross has also offered something similar to our friends over at SABSOSA.
Thanks Ross and Craftbrewer for continuing to support the home brewing community so strongly. :super:

We need a picture of a smiley face clapping. :super: Nice work Ross.

And, don't forget hopheads, at ANAWBS there is a class exclusively for American Pale Ales - for which you can win The Craftbrewer American Pale Ale trophy. Bring on those humulone heavy hopominations!

This is good to see.
These beers are not for everyone and should really be judged on their own. A good in your face hop monster competing against a nicely bittered balanced English pale ale just doesn't really work for mine...

Of course I could just be saying this because my 5 hop APA didn't do so well in my local club comp :)

Also I don't really have a lot of experience in either style tasting or competitions, so I could be wrong.

But I did taste a higher placed one and I think many out there would have almost placed it out of style so subdued were the hops compared to just about every APA I have tried...

Then again I don't consider myself a hophead, but I do like hops...

Fantastic support.
Unfortunately this has come at a sad time for me as im winding down the brewery for a trip west so no comps for awhile.Oh well at least i have next year to look forward to.

D

Did you have to start another thread reminding us once again of this comp.

Could just an easily been tacked onto one of the other threads about it.

cheers
johnno

BTW, very nice gesture Ross.

Hopefully Craftbrewer will be doing the same for other state comps.

(hint hint)

cheers
johnno

I cant see any reason why not a new thread Johnno.It is under a slightly new heading and keeps the interest up instead of seeing the same topic coming up again and again and being ignored without seeing new add ons as Wee Stu has done.

Cheers
Big D

BTW, very nice gesture Ross.

Hopefully Craftbrewer will be doing the same for other state comps.

(hint hint)

cheers
johnno

lol yes - motion seconded Johnno, I've just brewed an APA that I would love to put into an APA comp, I'd love to know how it measures up... winning hops would be a delightful bonus!

Just found out I can get my brew shipped over to SA for free through CellarPlus to enter the comp, so I'm in! Hope you can do the same Johnno.

Latest posts

Back