Williamswarn Personal Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beerisyummy said:
That was my first thought mate. I don't think they'd give up the booty for that one.

The MSDS does not need to be specific, but I'm pretty sure it must include the main components of any product. Will do some checking to find out what I'm entitled to request.
In that regard, I feel the vege angle is very relevant. There's probably a few laws that are specific to food as well.

I think we all know it won't take much to figure out what's being used. Truth be told, it won't affect his sales much either when you see they sell them in Harvey N. http://www.harveynorman.co.nz/index.php?subcats=Y&status=A&pshort=N&pfull=N&pname=Y&pkeywords=N&search_performed=Y&q=brewery&dispatch=products.search

Snaps to the guy for pushing a product that will result in a lot of cheap 2nd hand buys for us blokes. :beerbang:
Might be a bit different now Here is an MSDS I found for Leachwell, which used to contain cyanide (there were two recipes, with and without cyanide). Ingredients listed as "Mixture of mild organic oxidants 98%. Lead nitrate 2%".
Not very specific

Might be a bit different now Here is an MSDS I found for Leachwell, which used to contain cyanide (there were two recipes, with and without cyanide). Ingredients listed as "Mixture of mild organic oxidants 98%. Lead nitrate 2%".
Not very specific
Fair point Tavas. I believe that they'll have a fair bit of nonsense to cover up the exact ingredients, but it won't be too hard for people to work out what's in the mix.

If its an MSDS it has to be specific to that brand of chemical. You cant just handout an MSDS titled 'Unknown Beer Clearing Agent'. If they do have their own clearing agent, comparing their WW brand to a known brand will give you the chemical breakdown differences if any (to a certain point), will also tell you how much will kill a mouse, incase your wondering.

I'd see what they come back with.

This is from one of Wobbly's earlier posts if it helps:

• The clarifying agent is "Colloidal Silica Oxide" available at a number of outlets. TWOC has a product called "Sabisol 300" (I think or something like that) however my Dr Google search failed to find it so maybe I have the spelling incorrect. But in any event here is a link to a German product http://www.klebosol.com/applications/colloidal-silica-beverage/ that is widely used in beer clarification. I don't see why you couldn't use gelatine if you didn't mind animal products in your beer.

Maybe some of you miners who have access to online programs like ChemWatchGOLD can do a few searches, my old password just failed.

So can anyone enter the Asian Beer Awards with their 3rd batch of kit home brew?

Just been thinking about this unit while drinking a few last night, I am thinking the sedimanet removal system would be a great way to farm yeast I am looking at getting some stainless conicals and might make something up like that to capture yeast slurry easily, no mucking around just take off the vessel and stick it in the fridge
Also if it's an all in one kind of thing your after have a look at http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Beer-brewing-equipment-homebrewing-equipment-brewery-testing-unit-lager-beer-producing-machine-ale-brewing-device-equipment/952597827.html
ok its not quite as wanky but it does have two fermenters,you still need a keg setup though but I am sure the weigh off of two fermenters and being able to brew AG is worth not having a tap on it

rehabs_for_quiters said:
Just been thinking about this unit while drinking a few last night, I am thinking the sedimanet removal system would be a great way to farm yeast I am looking at getting some stainless conicals and might make something up like that to capture yeast slurry easily, no mucking around just take off the vessel and stick it in the fridge
Also if it's an all in one kind of thing your after have a look at http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Beer-brewing-equipment-homebrewing-equipment-brewery-testing-unit-lager-beer-producing-machine-ale-brewing-device-equipment/952597827.html
ok its not quite as wanky but it does have two fermenters,you still need a keg setup though but I am sure the weigh off of two fermenters and being able to brew AG is worth not having a tap on it
That loos like it has a brau clone hanging off it. Nice find!!!

In answer to those that were inquiring I can confirm that the "Clarification Agent" that was delivered with my purchase is "Colloidal Silicon Dioxide" and the label states "Product of Germany"

Directions for use are:-
  • Add approximately 1ml per litre of cold beverage. Stir well but avoid oxidation of the product. Allow 24 hours settling. repeat again without disturbing the sediment for a rapid clarification in 48 hours.
  • Remove the settled sediment from the beverage
Trust this is of use to some

Cheers

Wobbly

http://www.harveynorman.co.nz/home-appliances/kitchen-appliances/juice-and-beverage-makers/williamswarn-all-in-one-personal-brewery.html

Did someone say rip off? This was already posted a few years back (http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/61575-williams-warn-personal-brewery/) but thought i would post it for a mid-week laugh. Plus the price has increased since the above post.

God damn, people clearly must be buying these things for the manufacturers to keep producing them. But whyyyy?!?!

Why spend all that cash on.... extract beer with a keg setup?

For $7,300 this makes a brand new braumeister & kegerator combination seem like pocket money (when they are definitely not).

Thoughts?

In reply to the above post I have started a Pilsner brew in the WW and trying to clone an Emersons Pilsner

The basics of the wort etc for a 23lt brew are as follows

Grain
  • 4.25kg Wy Pils
  • 0.25kg Wy Carapils
  • 50g Riwaka @ 60
  • 30g Riwaka @ 30
  • Saflager 34/70
  • Mashed at 53C for 15
  • 45 @ 62C
  • 30 @ 72C
  • 15 @ 78C
  • Cooled with immersion chiller to 40Cand then transferred to WW
  • WW cooled to 25C in about 30 mins
  • Rehydrated yeast and pitched at 25C
  • WW set to 15C and cooled in about another 30 mins and holding stable
  • Set VPRV to 1.25 bar and left to do it'\s thing
I will take and record daily SG throughout fermentation and will post results of process from wort into WW to first beer out in about a weeks time

wobbly

Taste report in 4 days (just so we know it really completes in 4 days)?

Photos or it didn't happen B)

Well you will just have to trust me that the data I post will be factual won't you.

And any event if you had taken the time to understand the technology and process you would be aware that from pitching to drinking a clarified and carbonated Lager takes 9 days.

Photos will only detail the clarity and possibly head retention they don't tell you the important details about the brew such as taste and aroma and as far as I know they haven't got around the difficulties with real time "Smell-a-vision" or even thought about how to master "Taste-a-Cam"

Wobbly

A lager in 9 days is pretty impressive if it turns out.

Latest posts

Back