Williamswarn Personal Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pcmfisher said:
30day.jpg

Isn't it just a big fancy one of these?
They ferment under pressure and make world class beer from a can :ph34r:
well ...er yeah.... but all blingy and stainless.

Yep! Way cooler than a beer machine.

There is nothing in their (WW) literature that states you have to use the kits.

I'm not going to comment on his advice because I feel that he's based it on the market he's selling to. Business is business and there's no logic in sending yourself broke.
At $6k+ per unit I figure he might've over stepped the mark a little in that regard. Meh.

One thing I have been wondering about, is the units ability to handle something like an explosive wheat beer fermentation. If I go over half volume in my fermenters I end up with crap everywhere.

Also, does anyone know what type of clearing agent is being used? Is it isinglass?

Beerisyummy said:
Also, does anyone know what type of clearing agent is being used? Is it isinglass?
Wobbly mentioned it somewhere back a couple pages.

Its in video I posted and on website under ingredients

A wise man said 'Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire' (Wallace), if it happens to be achieved encased in a little bling it is still a great discovery.

Beerisyummy said:
Yes I would be interested in that info as well!

Would they not have to provide an MSDS for it?
Definitely! Are you gunna ask for one, or do you want me to contact them?
By law they must provide one upon request (AFAIK).

PS. I can't help but feel a little scared about all this homebrewed alcohol attention in the media lately.
Is the government gearing up to try for another cash grab?

Ha ha go for it. I would be interested in their reply though.
My good sir, I will send the Australian distributor an email shortly.

I'm driving up to Brizzy early tomorrow so I might have to annoy Craftbrewer first, but I'll get one out of them.

You can provide an MSDS without being very specific. There is some scope to protect trade secrets.

Someone wanna take the vegan angle in an email?

Ya no Bum, where I grew up, manufacturers were required, by law, to list exact chemical composition of products manufactured by chemical processing on the label. That included medicines. Any food additives even naturally processed had to list full ingredients. Of course, they hadn't heard of things like MSDS back there.

Someone wanna take the vegan angle in an email?
That was my first thought mate. I don't think they'd give up the booty for that one.

The MSDS does not need to be specific, but I'm pretty sure it must include the main components of any product. Will do some checking to find out what I'm entitled to request.
In that regard, I feel the vege angle is very relevant. There's probably a few laws that are specific to food as well.

I think we all know it won't take much to figure out what's being used. Truth be told, it won't affect his sales much either when you see they sell them in Harvey N. http://www.harveynorman.co.nz/index.php?subcats=Y&status=A&pshort=N&pfull=N&pname=Y&pkeywords=N&search_performed=Y&q=brewery&dispatch=products.search

Snaps to the guy for pushing a product that will result in a lot of cheap 2nd hand buys for us blokes. :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back