Williamswarn Personal Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing once a week doesn't make you a pig but drinking 5 1/2 doz per week might make you look like one, I thought you guys had a sense of humour?
This is all good fun and I can't wait until there are some being used in Aussie so I can see what they think of it.

Cheers
No offence bloke ,
But i can't see anyone from this forum lashing out with six large to buy one of these systems...
If anyone from here had $6,000 to spend on a brew system , they'd probably want to buy a turnkey all grain system..
Most blokes on here ( myself included) are tight wads when it comes to buying brew gear...we usaully wait till someone gets out of the hobby , then pounce like rabbid dogs on the carcass...and try and get it for near on nothing lol
Then there is always evilbay....
Still, you blokes over there in the long white cloud have done K&K brewers proud !
Good luck...
Cheers
Ferg
ps...I am married to one of yours...you kiwi's are okay !

Brewing once a week doesn't make you a pig but drinking 5 1/2 doz per week might make you look like one, I thought you guys had a sense of humour?
This is all good fun and I can't wait until there are some being used in Aussie so I can see what they think of it.

Cheers

The issue isn't how much you can drink, but the fact that you have to wait a week from when you finish your last glass to when you can have the first of your next batch........Yes you could bottle off it, but for $6K I'd want to able to drink beer on tap whenever I wanted.....

The issue isn't how much you can drink, but the fact that you have to wait a week from when you finish your last glass to when you can have the first of your next batch........Yes you could bottle off it, but for $6K I'd want to able to drink beer on tap whenever I wanted.....

There is a simple solution to that.... just buy two! (I mean what's another 6 grand eh?)

;)

So hbwoody - what kinds of beers are you brewing in this gargantuan thing?

If this machine doesn't do a full boil wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a fermenter and a kegging system? This would leave $5500 to buy malt extract and hops.

$4500 on malt extract would be 570kg malt extract if you bought it retail by the kilo, obviously $4500 of malt extract would be alot more.
$1000 on hops would be 25 kilos of hops

Every way i look at this i can't see why anyone would actually buy this thing.

If this machine doesn't do a full boil wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a fermenter and a kegging system? This would leave $5500 to buy malt extract and hops.

$4500 on malt extract would be 570kg malt extract if you bought it retail by the kilo, obviously $4500 of malt extract would be alot more.
$1000 on hops would be 25 kilos of hops

Every way i look at this i can't see why anyone would actually buy this thing.

me either :blink: i know someone who could easily afford this contraption but he allready has a full spec bar with flooded cobras and stuff serving commercial grade mega swill vb, new + (stella - bit jealous :unsure: ) , my point being if you could afford this new home brew sytem , why would you bother ? does look preety cool though but bit exy !

It's a great idea, well executed - just way too much coin for what you get. And you are really caught short if you want to age your beer.

Not all styles are suited to drinking 'young'. Some beers you want to leave for a couple of months before tapping them.

As for clearer bears - that's a marketing spin on the common problem - there's easy remedies for that for a few cents per brew investment - and crash chilling works a treat (not to mention keg aging)

A nice piece of kit, but really, I need a lot more flexibility with my brewing - how can you take your beer anywhere?

I wonder if you can get a 5kg gas bottle with it?

The only reason it is launched with the three recommended beers is to make sure that any muppet can make premium beer in it, I had never made a beer in my life but tasted lots of homebrew over the years and my first brew was far superior than the other crap.
So it works then?

I'm sure the retailer will be thrilled with your excellent street-teaming here.

From what I gather, the quality of the ingredients will determine the quality of your beer.

That's right. You want a good Italian meal, you make spaghetti sauce from tomatoes, and dont grab for the jar of Dolmio.

You want the best quality beer, you use grain and hops.

Despite your great attempt at covering up some subtle marketing for your mates, it's a very well designed product that I am guessing will be purchased by absolutely no-one on this forum :) Luckily we weren't directly marketed to, or people might really start giving their valid opinions on the worth of this millionaire's trinket.

Sounds like you guys are still abit sore about losing the ashes, and not winning many rugby games,

CheersView attachment 45240
At least we can win a rugby world cup!

Think I'll spend my $6k on a ticket to the cup, front row seats 4 weeks accom, a kit beer unit ($80 odd, $14nz) brew some shitty beer and watch the wallabies towel up the all blacks! :icon_cheers:

NZ brewing gear $6000
NZ losing cup Priceless

You possibly could do it with a keg system but you wouldn't be able to clarify as well and remove the sediment fully, you would need a variable pressure relief system with gauges and would still need a co2 system to get the beer out, good luck

There must be a lot of lucky people on this forum...

This thing is pretty neat - looks like a great piece of engineering.

Agreed, not aimed at the tight-arses on this forum.

I wonder has anyone done a teardown? I'd be interested to see the insides.

Something similar to this paired with the brewbot would be the ducks nuts.

I'd actually aim a little higher and put some auto-cleaning functionality in there.

I think I could do it for well under $6k if I didn't put a price on my time, but it wouldn't look as nice as this.

A bread maker is more flexible then this machine.

Looks like the only reasonably priced item on the entire site is the Nottingham yeast at NZD 4.20, about AUD 3.15

As for the $6k system, I think I stick to my built on the cheap AG system

Latest posts

Back