Wild Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmolou

Reaction score
ok so i made a beer of well i forget exactly but around 6-7% alc volume and used a belgian yeast and let ferment half way till i transfered it to another container which had sour cherries in it (making a kriek) i then went overseas for 4 months and came back and noticed that there is little white dots floating throughout it not just on the surface i did leave the lid open for a week to allow some wild yeast in to get a sour taste going but i thought there would only be all the crap floating at the topnot throughout the entire liquid.

is this dangerous???
how to solve???
i'll take a pic later but its pretty much just little white particles floating throughout about 1-2mill in diameter

Have you sampled it yet?

I know another topic was posted recently on Wild Yeast Beer, I cannot locate it on the search engine though...

Did a search for 'Wild' and came up with a number of topics and posts that may be of interestign reading...

could a campden tablet be used to kill all the wild yeasts
how much would iuse for 12 litres

Have you sampled it yet?

I know another topic was posted recently on Wild Yeast Beer, I cannot locate it on the search engine though...

Did a search for 'Wild' and came up with a number of topics and posts that may be of interestign reading...

I think it was Bindi from memory ;)

thanks alot guys just kinda nervous about sampling haha though i just got back from belgium and am so inspired by cantillon best beers ever in my opinion (for occasions of course)

could a campden tablet be used to kill all the wild yeasts
how much would iuse for 12 litres

Campden tablets don't kill anything - they stun/impede yeast, but don't kill it. They don't touch bacteria. Don't worry whether the beer is toxic or not. Humans have a remarkable sense of taste - generally the stuff that's bad for us tastes bad. Even if it tastes bad, a mouthful won't kill you. The authentic Lambics aren't pasteurised so everything that made them taste funky is still alive & well when you drink them. And they don't seem to be toxic to anyone.

Try it and see.

Don't know why but this stupid idea popped into my head a few minutes ago. If the beer is......toxic......in the cleansing of your colon sense, name it Afraid to Fart Lambic. ;)

Don't know why but this stupid idea popped into my head a few minutes ago. If the beer is......toxic......in the cleansing of your colon sense, name it Afraid to Fart Lambic. ;)

:lol: Gold.
As for the [not so] wild beer, taste a little as other have posted.

Just noticed that you racked onto sour cherries. Name it Upshitte Kriek.

I'm evil. :D

Latest posts

Back