Wig & Pen's Russian Imperial Stout

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stagger

Reaction score
I was in at the Wig & Pen lunchtime yesterday having a beer with Richard the head brewer and the Russian imperial stout has just come on tap. I think this is even better than last years at 11% it is very drinkable

Stagger

Will any still be there in 2 weeks time????

Think I might just knock off at lunchtime :beerbang:
Cheers
Steve

Thats it, I'm calling it a wet day and heading down for a malt and hop sandwich or 2 :party:

mmmmmm. i hope to god there is still some on tap at the end of july as I'll be in town then.

Always drink there when Im in Canberra - and have heard their imperial when its on is great, just never tried it!

I'm calling for a Hunter Brewers road trip immediately.

Any takers for next weekend?

Seth :p

Aaahh! I love Rich's RIS. Last time the wife and I had a sample of it we were later to find out that she was about 3 weeks pregnant at the time! And what a weekend that was. The Wig rocks.

TIM

RIS is selling very well so get in if you are going.
Stagger

I am going to get there this saturday arvo for a quick couple of beers. The wig is the highlight of my Canberra trips, oh apart from Revolve!
cheers
Gerard

....hate to have to be the one to break the sad news, but Revolve had the locks changed this week in a hostile takeover. New company bought it. VERY unhappy Revolve staff. I think it is still trading though..
Anyway, nothing a few RIS wouldn't fix.

....hate to have to be the one to break the sad news, but Revolve had the locks changed this week in a hostile takeover. New company bought it. VERY unhappy Revolve staff. I think it is still trading though..
Anyway, nothing a few RIS wouldn't fix.

OK are we both talking about Gungahlin tip? Only Canberra could stuff up a perfectly good tip!

Cheers
Gerard

NO, the first one, near Hume.

Do you know people from around the world copied the idea? Apparently it just hadn't been done before.

Anyway, Wig on.

NO, the first one, near Hume.
Do you know people from around the world copied the idea? Apparently it just hadn't been done before.
Anyway, Wig on.

OK so my trip to Canberra didn't include a stop at The Wig. I have battled the flu all week, so I didn't think an 11% Stout was such a good idea with so much driving ahead of me. Next time I go down to see Col I will try to make it to the Wig for a few.

I went to Revolve at Gungahlin but there was something very different. I heard a guy ask a price on something & the reply was $50!!! How can you charge $50 bucks for anything at a tip??? As I only had $7.50 in coins, which usually covers my purchases & a tip for the parking valet, I made for the door.

Cheers
Gerard

Back