Wicked Elf Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galamus

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am interested in locating a recipe for a Wicked Elf Pale Ale clone. Has anyone tried brewing something similar with good results.

By the way I'm talking all grain not K&K.

Any input welcome!

The back of the bottle says all cascade. I think it also says ale malts with a blend of crystal.

I would get a refractometer reading of some of the beer and calculate the OG (you can work it out from having the FG and the alc %)

So for me it would be something similar to.

95/2.5/2.5 ale/medium crytal/dark crystal
cascade at 60 to 30 ibu
1/2 g/l at 20 (cascade)
1/2 g/l at 0 (cascade)

US-05.

Just my thoughts though...haven't had one for about 5 months. I just remember it not being very hoppy, but pushed the boundaries for the style colour.

Cheers
Phil

I've only tried this once but IIRC it had some quite toasty malt characteristics. I'm no expert but I would have guessed there was a fair whack of Munich in there as well.

From their website:

"A seductive combination of citrus hop flavour with a generous malty character (toffee and burnt notes) balanced towards hop flavour and bitterness as the style dictates."

Thanks for the input guys, ill formulate a recipe and then post it up for people to give their opinions, any other input is still welcome!

US-05 will work, but the brewery uses White Labs WLP001.
Straight from Mrs Little herself.

you couldnt get the recipe from Mrs Little could you ? ;)

I tried this again the other night and FWIW I'm now inclined to agree with Phillip, I think more dark crystal than munich.
But IMHO, although you might not make a clone, you can't go wrong with Munich in any pale ale.

This is true, as long as it turns out to be a nice beer I'll be happy, i can iterate from there!

Back