why oh why!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I haven't had enough time watching a good barman/cellarman pull a pint on handpump. So not too sure.

Will make sure I take notes in August when I'm in the uk.

A schooner glass holds 425ml.....standards serving size is 375ml, allowing for a nice thick head on top.

I don't know how that translates for you people that drink pots, mugs, barrels, flower vases, WTF ever...

We are men, WE DEMAND HEAD.

And barmaids with nice jugs.

Glass jugs you dirty bastards.

Mmmmm jugs.

yum beer said:
A schooner glass holds 425ml.....standards serving size is 375ml, allowing for a nice thick head on top.

I don't know how that translates for you people that drink pots, mugs, barrels, flower vases, WTF ever...

We are men, WE DEMAND HEAD.
I have a vase that holds a little more than a longneck nicely.

Does it add any floral effects on the beer being drank?

Breaking in a new barman at my local, was watching him tonight after finishing late shift roll the dinning cutlery in paper napkins,( its been a tradition there for nearly 30yrs ).....and it got the better of me.....I had to show him how to roll them properly...it was rather surreal actually...after 10 yrs of drinking there...here I was showing someone how to roll cutlery in napkins and place them in the tray so they looked all nice and neat.

Scored a free schooner and 2 pies as a tutorial fee

He is almost trained..he knows which end of the taps to go to...and gets it about 80% correct :lol:

But he is also a great bloke

Now you have me curious... i wasn't aware there was a right way to roll cutlery and serviettes together. You'll have to make an instructional youtube video.

Airgead said:
Now you have me curious... i wasn't aware there was a right way to roll cutlery and serviettes together. You'll have to make an instructional youtube video.
Um, he did say " he was breaking in a new barman " the napkins come after.

Airgead said:
Well......there is now

And it does take a bit of practice......

Been when you get slung a beer or 2 for helping roll cutlery.......

If I can find some one to take the vid, then yeah, I can do that...Maybe next years Grafton Show Homebrew Comp.. :)

It might go viral... like that TED talk that showed everyone why they have been tying their shoelaces wrong. So simple and yet, such a profound difference depending on the technique you use.

Stu, instead of walking into the bar greeted with someone half-way through pouring you a beer, you'll now be faced with a tub of cutlery and napkins.

sponge said:
Stu, instead of walking into the bar greeted with someone half-way through pouring you a beer, you'll now be faced with a tub of cutlery and napkins.
Ironically....I do get asked to do it.

But when there is free beer involved...who am I to refuse'

As long as the tub of cutlery and napkins had free pints and pies at the end of it, I'd be a pig in mud.

Back