Who Uses Bronco Taps?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you get it out of the tap Snow ? Have you got a Celi with a flow control ?
I've got a Perlick and a Shirron and store/pour at 65-70kPa and am on the verge of a glass full of foam if I'm not careful with the pour. I've currently got ~5metres of beer line (though I think it is the 5mm ID stuff).

I use British Dalex taps (plastic pull-down type) with a standard sized nozzle. No flow restrictors. Beer line is around 1.5 metres I think. I have the fridge at 7c. I've poured at 100kpa before with no problems.

- Snow

I have 4 bronco taps and they work great. The kegs will see 100-150kPa for 3 days to 3 weeks before or while serving. Shake keg to speed up carbonation. Must be cold for carbonation to occur though. I use 2M of 6MM clear boston brand PVC line per tap. No funny smells or taste like dodgy bunnings hose. At 100kPa you need to be on the ball while pouring, lots of head usually end up with 50/50 head/beer in a pint glass. Lately I've been letting the reg drop to ~40KPa and the pour is great, and no the beer doesn't go flat, even more than a month after carbonation. I like the broncos because i let them sit on top of the kegs neatly coiled up inside the chest fridge and I don't have to worry about mould or bugs in the taps. But I make sure they're cleaned properly at the end of the keg. I recently cleaned all my lines and taps after I found a fair bit of mould on top of one of my kegs (big party, spillage on keg). Didn't find anything in the taps and clear lines let you see whats going on.

Go for it, but maybe try 3-4M of hose per tap if you just want to set it to 100kPa and leave it.

Yup was overcarbed.

Dropped the pressure to 50kpa last night poured one just now and it's alot better. Next time I'll drop the pressure to 20kpa or less when pouring because it did come out in a rush and seemed to froth up a bit then settled quite quickly to a normal head.

So happy days here now :D . I got beer on tap :super: , so I'm a happy man.

Thanks for the help guys.
Farside.

Back