Who In Melbourne Loves A Parma And A Microbrew!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this on the email - come join us it will be a great session....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs Parma's :

Book Now to join us in a great Sunday session
Dedicated to 5 new Victorian brewers

Sunday 28th February 12 - 2pm
Tickets $45

5 real "tasting" pours
& by that we mean stubby - not a 30ml sip!!
Matched with 5 of the best beer foods
Plus a up close & personal insight into the
World of brewing by each new brewer

Seats are limited & bookings are essential
Ph: 9639 2269

New Brews & Menu

Sweetwater Summer Ale with Shrimp cocktail in a lettuce cup with a hint of smoked paprika
Arctic Fox Ice Cap Lager with hand crafted Indian samosa & mango chutney
White Rabbit Dark Ale with Parmesan polenta chips
Flying Horse "Dirty Angel" with original Parma
Kooinda Pale Ale with warm roast lamb roll with rosemary, horseradish & gravy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

man i'm drooling at that beer + food list, this will be off the hook i think. hope some of you guys can make it down.

Sounds good. I probably will go. Any one else interested?

Seems much better than the vue du mond night. Last 3 courses look pretty damned good. Food looks alright too.

Seems much better than the vue du mond night. Last 3 courses look pretty damned good. Food looks alright too.

I must say for the holgate dinner at parmas, the food didnt live up to my expectations. :(

The food thing was just a bit of a jest implying I was only talking about the beer. For clarity's sake I think only the food with the White Rabbit and Koonida Pale show the slightest bit of thought and (despite the Flying Horse being my fave of the bunch (sorry boys, I do love the WR and Kooi too)) will probably be fighting it out for best course.

The food thing was just a bit of a jest implying I was only talking about the beer. For clarity's sake I think only the food with the White Rabbit and Koonida Pale show the slightest bit of thought and (despite the Flying Horse being my fave of the bunch (sorry boys, I do love the WR and Kooi too)) will probably be fighting it out for best course.

you coming? bout time we caught up for that session?

Christ, I'd love to. I think there's some little *******'s 1st birthday I've gotta go to that day. I'll wait for the Social Committee to get home and let me know if I'm allowed out to play.

Not a bad line up, good to see "The Dirty" getting out & about.
Cheers
Gerard

Not a bad line up, good to see "The Dirty" getting out & about.
Cheers
Gerard

Gerad personally i cannot wait to try it. Its been a few years hasnt it and i still have not had one....tsk tsk on my part. Hows things at the new brewery?

Gerad personally i cannot wait to try it. Its been a few years hasnt it and i still have not had one....tsk tsk on my part. Hows things at the new brewery?

I would like to try the current version of "The Dirty" as they have a new brewery & no longer go through the step-mash schedule that I used. I keep hearing good things about their beers & look forward to trying the bottled version of "The Dirty". Hopefully I will make it to Warrnambool for The Shipwreck Coast Classic in August this year, as the golf courses down there are even better than the beers!
Cheers
Gerard

on at Mrs P's atm.... Bridge Road B2 Bomber - a Belgian black IPA

Surely you're not there (without letting me know...)
of course not! i would have let you know. just heard it from a fellow brewer at work. Im too busy to break away from my desk to have a tipple.

Newsletter
"Christmas Turkey Parma" is back on! Crumbed turkey, topped with Cranberry sauce, Smoked leg ham & Gravy :icon_drool2:

from the website - on tap a couple of newies
3 Ravens Dark Smoked Beer - Eoropean style dark smoked Ale using unique German malts & classic Hallertau hops 5.2%
Holgate"Brick Kiln" Dark Wheat Beer - Classic Bavarian style, low in hops, beautifully cloudy with aromas of clove & banana 5%
Mt Goat Steam Ale

Every time i go to Mrs. Parmas its full. I guess i should try booking, im really keen to check it out.

Theres also about 6 Kegs of Kooinda on tap at Mrs P's too, we only did a limited number of kegs so if you want to try a kooi on tap get into it quick as it will dissapear pretty fast. Its bloody good on tap imo.

Also on handpump at Penny Blue.

:kooi: :drinks:

Latest posts

Back