White Rabbit Brewery, Healesville.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree the galaxy and cascade combo is a good one

Hey Chaps (and Chapettes),

I tried this beer recently as Little Creatures is selling it here in Perth

I love the resiny flavour of this beer and was wondering if anyone knows how to get it in a beer...???

Does the resin come from big 60 minute additions or more in the flavour region of 30 to 10 minute additions?

Cheers for any useful replies :D

i think this is a really good beer IMO its a perfect eg of a dusseldorf alt maybe a touch thin but i guess there trying to make money as well as beer

hmmm its some kind of brown ale, rather than a dusseldorf alt (sorry, I loved the alts in dusseldorf - and we cant get proper ones here so most people dont know what they are really like). Can see where your coming from though - there is a hint of german character in there. Maybe they are using some german malts?

Good beer thats for sure.

L bomb,

WRDA has a fairly high hop charge in the hopback using a couple varieties that are quite resinous. That's where the resin character would come from.

IMO LC is serving the beer too cold. Got to the end of my glass and it was only just starting to taste like I've had it before. And I didn't rush it down either. Guess it's a bit hard when all the kegs are in the same cool room though.

Order one LC and one of these at the same time. Drink the LC colder and by the time you've finished the White Rabbit should be good...
I've done this many times with places that are serving x beer too cold. Drink something lager or pale while you wait...

It works, plus you get two beers :)

Yeah, I used to do it at the Lord Nelson. I've let the rabbit warm up if I had time, but I was there for a very cheeky one. Next time...

I just finished one of these now... the GF has taken to buying them at the amazingly exorbitant price of $25 per six pack as her preferred beer :wub:

I keep being amazed at the balance of the dark malt flavours versus the sappy and floral hops, it is really an amazingly well crafted beer. I think this is the beer I can use to coax my ol' man into joining the "dark" side.

Wow... I guess I should be happy I can get sixerz for $22 then. Your girl has good taste!

I keep being amazed at the balance of the dark malt flavours versus the sappy and floral hops, it is really an amazingly well crafted beer.

That's exactly what was envisaged all those moons ago. Well done Kai in making WR the great beer it always wanted to be. Sad that I'm no longer involved.

IPA will be hitting the taps soon. Will head there for that, maybe a Friday arvo job.

On another note, the Brewer will be at LC this Wednesday for a tasting of WR and also talking about the beer. I'll confirm the time tomorrow, but I think it was 4pm at the cellar door.

OMG I hate you ;) I'm going to Whaleback Golfcourse to catch up with some golf wankers.

You can't just fill up one of those bottles brendan had for me can you :p

Just to confirm there will be a White Rabbit tasting with the brewer on Wed 17th (tomorrow) at LC Fremantle at the cellar door. Will start another thread for Friday's IPA adventure.

Yep. I can confirm this. My mate that works there called me up just now and said it was still happening. I normally get there around quarter to 5 on Fridays. :wub:

Latest posts

Back