Whirlpool Vessi. Possibly a cheaper WW?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see whirlpool have priced this where it should be.

WW should be pissed for pricing themselves out of the market and I'd imagine that they wouldn't be able to afford to sue considering all of the costs of their so called engineering and the fact that they couldn't have sold very many. Bah hahaha!

Brownsworthy said:
Good to see whirlpool have priced this where it should be.

WW should be pissed for pricing themselves out of the market and I'd imagine that they wouldn't be able to afford to sue considering all of the costs of their so called engineering and the fact that they couldn't have sold very many. Bah hahaha!
I imagine WW priced themselves in a position where they are getting a return on their investment into R&D and manufacturing
What they probably did wrong was trying to get that return as fast as they wanted
A lower price pointed and more units moved would probably have netted them a lot more sales

Ahh it's completely different though, this is a home brew fermentor and tap system whereas the WilliamsWarn is a 'personal brewery'. As they themselves have said, it's quite a distinction.
(dunno why I'm trying to keep a straight face over the internet)

sp0rk said:
I imagine WW priced themselves in a position where they are getting a return on their investment into R&D and manufacturing
What they probably did wrong was telling a group of brewers that they wernt smart enough to use the WW trying to get that return as fast as they wanted
A lower price pointed and more units moved would probably have netted them a lot more sales

evolution in the home brew scene is continuing. Not dissimilar to the braumeister/grainfather/robobrew market. Each will find their own level/market. All up good for the home brewer. My argument all along (good for home brewing).
Cheers
Elz

Elz said:
evolution in the home brew scene is continuing. Not dissimilar to the braumeister/grainfather/robobrew market. Each will find their own level/market. All up good for the home brewer. My argument all along (good for home brewing).
Cheers
Elz
Evolution is brilliant arrogance is not.

And to think....

10yrs ago I was buying pre cracked grain from Grumpy's and getting it shipped

And a simple 3v Esky tun setup and big old pot ( with a 3 ring burner :D ) was pretty snazzy

Things have changed a hell of a lot since the good old hard work days of making beer

And I think it is a good thing

Home brewing has become mainstream, apparently! Is it just because I'm a home brewer that it's more noticeable?

So basically its just a conical fermenter / kegerator all-in-one unit. Expensive way to make extract beer, and tying up your FV until your only keg is empty kinda sucks. But with little mess and fuss I can see that it might have broad appeal. I didnt see a c02 bottle in the pics, but guessing it would have to have one for serving pressure at least.

If they could somehow pair up with braumeister to create a semi-fully automated system it would be ace!

Imagine: inserting grain, hops, yeast, plug in a hose, turn it on like a washing machine and walk away. Come back 5 hours later, insert PBW, set to cleaning cycle and its all done. One day.

Ducatiboy stu said:
And to think....

10yrs ago I was buying pre cracked grain from Grumpy's and getting it shipped

And a simple 3v Esky tun setup and big old pot ( with a 3 ring burner :D ) was pretty snazzy

Things have changed a hell of a lot since the good old hard work days of making beer

And I think it is a good thing
And biab was impossible. Just won't work. Don't be stupid.

Not to mention no chill. It will kill you stone dead.

pcmfisher said:
And biab was impossible. Just won't work. Don't be stupid.

Not to mention no chill. It will kill you stone dead.
Aahhh yes...

Those where the days, when brewers were burnt at the stake for daring anything beyond brewing

Ducatiboy stu said:
....... Did that BIAB thing ever catch on ?
Nahh, no one could make anything palatable
I'm currently recycling all the gear used for BIAB if everyone would like to send their setups to me

Phoney said:
So basically its just a conical fermenter / kegerator all-in-one unit. Expensive way to make extract beer, and tying up your FV until your only keg is empty kinda sucks. But with little mess and fuss I can see that it might have broad appeal. I didnt see a c02 bottle in the pics, but guessing it would have to have one for serving pressure at least.

If they could somehow pair up with braumeister to create a semi-fully automated system it would be ace!

Imagine: inserting grain, hops, yeast, plug in a hose, turn it on like a washing machine and walk away. Come back 5 hours later, insert PBW, set to cleaning cycle and its all done. One day.
I don't think it is just for extract. You can produce your wort in anyway you see fit and then add to the system. It appears to be a fancy unitank.

There is a few systems appearing on kickstarter style pages that are more like what you are after.

https://www.picobrew.com/
http://www.brewbot.io/
http://www.brewie.org/

They all seem to be systems that you put the ingredients in and just walk away. Sort of like a big bread machine for homebrew.

Latest posts

Back