Where To Find Samuel Adams In Sydney?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boobiedazzler

Reaction score
Tried a Samuel Adams Black Lager recently, and while I thought it was quite wonderful, I was three sheets to the wind already, so thought I should give it a go once again, as the first beer of a session, to get a better feel for the beer. Sadly, I cant find any ! Have tried Dan Murphys in Enfield, Platinum Liqor at Concord, and Camperdown Cellars. Any suggestions where I might find some in Sydney ?

All is not lost from my running around however, I came home with one each of Gage Road IPA, Kozel Dark, Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale and a Schofferhofer Hefeweizen.

My long weekend starts NOW ! :)

Give these blokes a try.

Northmead Cellars
30 Kleins Rd, Northmead NSW 2152
(02) 9630 7316‎

I saw this beer the other day and was actually taken aback that not only did they have this beer at all, but it was actually available in Australia at all.
And yet, I stupidly didn't buy any...for shame.

But chances are it wasn't in Sydney...somewhere in the Hunter, I think.

Whatever you do; Dont buy their cherry wheat beer. It tastes like a weak pale ale, with artificial sweetened cherry syrup thrown in. If you can remember Cherry Coke, it's like that but worse!

Try Amatos down the tailend of Norton St in Leichhardt....They stock over 330 different beers so you are in with a chance there.....BTW, the beer coolroom is somewhat hidden, when you spot the long multidoor wine fridge look for a door without bottles (I think it's door number 7 or 8), behind it is a huge coolroom.....BTW, if you like cider go look in door number 1, there is another hidden coolroom there full of decent ciders.

Mate and I was so close to Norton St too. Not to worry, some other time. Camperdown Cellars has a reasonable selection. Not huge, but interesting.

As for cider, Dan Murphy's has a huge selection which was surprising. Probably about fifteen to choose from. A few pear ciders too.

The guy at Platinum Liqor said that he rarely gets Samuel Adams Black Lager in, he can get a carton on order, but generally they sit on the shelf and dont move units. I dont want a carton - a four or six pack sure but 24 of them is a big call just to try it again. I'm pretty new to dark beers, and happy to try a range of brands.

The Kozel Dark I bought is pretty good. Just drained the last of it.

Next up is a Zywiec Porter from Poland. Almost bloody 10% though so I might mark that for tomorrow afternoons enjoyment.

Which Camperdown Cellars did you try? I thought I saw some in the Parramatta Rd store the other day.

There's three stores. One on Parramatta Rd, one on Kingston Rd (also in camperdown) and also one on Catherine Street, technically in Annandale/Leichhardt.

There is a Camperdown Cellars in Vicatoria Street Darlinghurst , near the corner of Liverpool

Regards

Graeme

Haven't been looking for the Black Lager. But I had a 6-pack of the Noble Pils when we were in New York. I don't know if it was old stock. But for a beer boasting to have all 5 noble hops, it was a little less than the Noble Pils I was expecting.

Now I'm in Boston, I've been getting as many Boston Brick Reds into me as I can.

We had a few hours to kill the other day before checking in, so did the Sam Adams tour. Not bad, mainly just a lecture on how beer is made. But they don't have a whole lot of bling there either. Then the tasting room was quite good. I didn't mind the Cherry Wheat. Boston Lager is a little corny/DMS for mine. But some other beers have been great. Also having a few Harpoon IPAs among the Bricks and Blueberry Wheats.

I just spotted the SA Black Lager while I was in camperdown cellars on Parramatta Rd. $23.99 a 6pk. In the fridge to the far right, second shelve from the bottom.

Latest posts

Back