Sleeping Giant Ipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yowster

Reaction score
After hard tough week at work called into Dan Murphy's tonight for a different beer. Ended up picking up a Sleeping Giant IPA.
Must admit I'm really keen on this drop. Does anyone have an idea on where to start cloning it.

After a bit of a look on the web found out the following

Pouring coppery in colour like an English bitter from crystal malts, the re-styled India pale ale is pleasantly grassy with earthy background on the nose, due to dry-hopping. East Kent Goldings and NZ-grown English Fuggle hops are used and the explicit Cascade hops have been replaced by another US variety, Centennial. Peppery hints among the stone-fruit flavours up front, firm malt character in the middle and a piquant bitterness in the dry finish add up to a lovely rewarding drink. Try it with curry: hop spices pick up beautifully on coriander and chillies, which is how British troops in the eastern colonies would have experienced this tailor-made long-distance fresh ale in the 19th century.

I can't find the IBU levels but to start with I'm thinking of maybe 15gm of fuggles and ekg at 60 minutes, and 30gm of centennial at 30 minutes and 5 minutes and maybe the same dry hopping 4 days into primary ferment.

In terms of which crystal malt to use I have no idea but I've got carared and caraamber on hand.
Any thought or ideas from here appreciated

Latest posts

Back