Where To Drink On The Gold Coast?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbo5253

Reaction score
Hey all,

Heading to the Gold Coast tomorrow night for a Confrence and should have a bit of time to kill sat arvo.

Looking for a nice pub with some reasonable beers on tap and a TAB.
Any locals got a good suggestion?

Anyone else heading to the Steadfast Confrence?

Cheers

Robbo

Not a TAB to be seen...but Burleigh Brewing will be open Sat. afternoon I'm pretty sure.

Most surf clubs will be a good spot, don't expect much variety in the beer - you might find Coopers at some - but they tend to have the better views and will probably have a TAB/Pokies/keno etc etc etc....

Kev

If you can get a car take the trip to Mt Tamborine 45mins drive and visit the two breweries there. Eagle heights and MT you will not be disappointed and be rewarded by some tasty brews for the effort. :icon_drool2:

Does Eagle Heights have a website?

I'm staying on Tambourine for a few days at easter - what do they brew?

MT is great and will be heading back there a few times.

Kev

No websites by the look of it. I was there last weekend with BABBS.

Eagle Heights has IPA's, APA's, Wit, Pilsner and some others. I couldn't hook in as I had to drive but what I tasted was great.

MT has a wide selection as well and are great beers.

MT is fantastic.

I was at the Fox & Hounds a month or so ago and they said they'd had a lot of complaints about the clarity of the F&H bitter (from MT) - so much so they'd had to stop selling it.

Said they were losing about 1/4 keg to sediment. A shame ( for the drinkers - not for MT I think) Had a few beers at MT and all of them were excellent. And clear enough for me. St Brigid(?) dubbel(?) yummmmmmm.

Kev

Would love to go up to Mt Tamborine but dont think we will have the time, thanks for the info guys.

Cheers

Robbo

Not a TAB to be seen...but Burleigh Brewing will be open Sat. afternoon I'm pretty sure.

As in Burleigh heads?? thats where ill be staying in June, awesome :beerbang: Def be going up Mt Tambourine also!

I hate admitting I know about this place:

The Pink Poodle is a modern gourmet bar and restaurant located right in the heart of Surfers Paradise, only a short stroll from golden sands and a crystal clear sparkling Ocean. Offering an astonishing array of premium imported beers and Belgian cusine, the Pink Poddle is the perfect venue for any Family. The Pink Poodles offers over 50 speciality beers from Belgium making every glass an experience to remember. There's beer for every person taste at the Pink Poodle.
Pink Poodle Beers of Belgium is located in Surfers Paradise, Queensland.

I hate admitting I know about this place:

The Pink Poodle is a modern gourmet bar and restaurant located right in the heart of Surfers Paradise, only a short stroll from golden sands and a crystal clear sparkling Ocean. Offering an astonishing array of premium imported beers and Belgian cusine, the Pink Poddle is the perfect venue for any Family. The Pink Poodles offers over 50 speciality beers from Belgium making every glass an experience to remember. There's beer for every person taste at the Pink Poodle.
Pink Poodle Beers of Belgium is located in Surfers Paradise, Queensland.

lol, funnily enough, The Pink Poodle helped pop my belgian beer cherry when I was over in Nov 07, first hoegaarden I ever had and probably the first non mega swill beer id ever tried :icon_drool2: Ahh the memories. Pity about the flaming gay name :ph34r:

and at the moment if you mention the website you can have a two course meal with 2 not 1 pot of Carlton... whoOOOOOA.... for $39.90

very interesting thread.

Will be in QLD at easter myself - beaudesert way so only a short trip to Tamborine and eagle heights.

so am reading this thread for interesting ideas other than visiting Ross's shop :D

very interesting thread.

Will be in QLD at easter myself - beaudesert way so only a short trip to Tamborine and eagle heights.

so am reading this thread for interesting ideas other than visiting Ross's shop :D

err... don't discredit Ross's shop for a few good drops of the under tha counter :ph34r: amber ale... nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more!

err... don't discredit Ross's shop for a few good drops of the under tha counter :ph34r: amber ale... nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more!

Caught up with Ross last year, just before he opened the shop and enjoyed the hospitality.

Bit like beerbelly though, when you get in you cant get out!!!! :ph34r:

The Pink Poodle isn't a belgian bar anymore....the place was very expensive and nearly always empty.

A while back they had few Belgian leftovers for $5 a pop, but now a pretty standard bar in a pretty crappy location. :(

Burleigh Brewing is in the industrial estate between Burleigh Heads and the highway - great beers and worth a visit.

Kev

Latest posts

Back