Where To Drink In Brisbane/sunshine Coast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barfridge

Small fridge, powerful thirst
Reaction score
Allo all,
I'll be flying into sunny Qld shortly for a bit of a holiday (it's only 20 hours flying time from Zambia). The beers out here are average lagers, so I am in dire need of something tasty with a goood bit of flavour. I have heard great things about the Platform bar at Central station, I've heard Oxford151 is no more, but where else is good for a quiet one or 2?

I'll have a hire car and will be getting as far north as Rocky, so anything interesting inbetween would be good too.

Cheers.

Yes. Archive Bar at West End is good....lots of aussie beers to choose from...many delicious. Oxford 151 is no longer a micro-brewery the brewers started up Burleigh Brewing which is on the Gold Coast...

The Clarence Corner Hotel at Wooloongabba has some good craft beer on tap...

Have fun

Beer is also good at Sunshine Coast Brewery, Kunda Park.

The International Hotel at Boundary Road Spring Hill - a vigorous walk up the hill from the Platform Bar - has an onsite brewery. They currently have a pretty good Irish Red and an American APA on tap although their Pilsener is a tad 'standard lager' and their Wheat beer is ... well... interesting to say the least. Very many pubs stock James Squire Amber and Golden Ale on tap as well which are a cut above many of the mega swill beers.

The International Hotel at Boundary Road Spring Hill - a vigorous walk up the hill from the Platform Bar - has an onsite brewery. They currently have a pretty good Irish Red and an American APA on tap although their Pilsener is a tad 'standard lager' and their Wheat beer is ... well... interesting to say the least. Very many pubs stock James Squire Amber and Golden Ale on tap as well which are a cut above many of the mega swill beers.

+ 1 for BribieG's comments. They also have good meals that are reasonably priced. If you get as far north as Rocky, head down to the beach at to Seaspray resort at Zilze (Emu Park) where they have Red Oak Beers on tap. Appart from the new Dan Murthy's in Rocky, the most you usually get this far north on tap is Guinesss, Kilkenny and mayby Harp.

Cheers

Hirns

If you are in Brisbane weekend of the 11 and 12 th of September, the judging of the Queensland Amateur Brewing Championship will be on at the platform bar, why not drop in as a Visiting Eminent Brewer - the bar will be closed but introduce yourself and you should be ok. A lot of ppl there will be AHB members as well (ask for me, Winkle, Ross, Bconnery etc etc)

Thanks gents, once again Queenslanders show their amazing hospitality.

BribieG: thanks for the invite, I would love to come along. I just need to finalise a couple of other things.

And to the Sunny Coast boys: I'm planning a trip with a mate up your way for a couple of days, I'd love to spend a quiet afternoon over a few pints. Once again, I'm leaving my planning till the last minute, will confirm dates and stuff ASAP.

Thanks gents, once again Queenslanders show their amazing hospitality.

BribieG: thanks for the invite, I would love to come along. I just need to finalise a couple of other things.

And to the Sunny Coast boys: I'm planning a trip with a mate up your way for a couple of days, I'd love to spend a quiet afternoon over a few pints. Once again, I'm leaving my planning till the last minute, will confirm dates and stuff ASAP.

Welcome at Sharkbait Brewery any day you choose barfridge. Lots of buses go along the Nicklin Way & can collect you from/deliver you to the bus stop a short 10 minute walk away.

TP

PS ----
What invite Bribie? Where's mine? :rolleyes:

Well I'm here now, it's a bit colder than I expected it would be.

Can somebody sort of in charge please PM me their phone number, I'll let you know when I'm coming, just so I'm not random turning up looking for beer.

Cheers

The German club, opposit side of the road to the Gabba has a good range on tap and in bottles (with correct glasswear) and reasonablely price big meals. Well worth a lookin (and not far from the city - get a bus).

OK it's Wednesday afternoon drinkies at The Sunshine Coast Brewery, all welcome, come along and have a beer together and meet our AHB fellow brewer Barfridge. Post if you prefer Lunch or after work beers!

Cheers,

Screwy

I can smell the Rye ESB already :beer:

Post if you prefer Lunch or after work beers!

Wot's work?

I could possibly maybe perhaps make it at any time on Wednesday ... or not.

It depends ... on stuff.

And things.

indecisive-pie-chart.jpg

Wot's work?

I could possibly maybe perhaps make it at any time on Wednesday ... or not.

It depends ... on stuff.

And things.

indecisive-pie-chart.jpg

Don't have to walk the goldfish on Wed so I'm free anytime.

Screwy

Wednesday afternoon might be best for us. My number is 0421120592 is anyone wants to find where we're at.

I tried to turn up to the platform bar today, was there at about 2pm but there were no signs of life :(

This Rye ESB has got me really interested.

Wednesday afternoon might be best for us. My number is 0421120592 is anyone wants to find where we're at.

I tried to turn up to the platform bar today, was there at about 2pm but there were no signs of life :(

This Rye ESB has got me really interested.

OK, lets say 4.30ish for those who can make it, see you there.

Screwy

Latest posts

Back