Sunshine Coast & Brisbane Beer News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Grand Central is having their full Oktoberfest party next saturday/night (27th). I will be there doing a few bits and pieces for them so if anyone feels like dropping in for a beer and a chat.....
I think that as well as the beers on tap there is going to be a few good bottled Germans as well (aventinus etc) ...and I may be wrong but I also think that Hofbrau Oktoberfest is going to be on tap as well.

Hi Ian,

20 German beers on offer plus your 2 according to the sunday Mail today. Hopefully I can make it :party:

Cheers Ross

Bugger I'm going to a wedding that afternoon. I wonder what time I can escape :icon_cheers:

The Grand Central is having their full Oktoberfest party next saturday/night (27th). I will be there doing a few bits and pieces for them so if anyone feels like dropping in for a beer and a chat.....
I think that as well as the beers on tap there is going to be a few good bottled Germans as well (aventinus etc) ...and I may be wrong but I also think that Hofbrau Oktoberfest is going to be on tap as well.

Hey Beersom,

I met up with Ross and Jye and a few of the crew on Friday at the Grand Central and tried your brews. very nice indeed! I particularly enjoyed the Rauchbier. Full kudos to you for having the balls to produce such a beer on a commercial scale. Everyone I spoke to who tried it was very impressed. The wheatie was also delicious! I'm definitely tempted to try and get back there this Saturday night.

Cheers - Snow.

Bump
who's going on Saturday & wot time?

Beersom, one of your babies has woken up from it's winter slumber.

SCB_Baby1__Medium_.JPG

This bad girl and her sister will be decorating the front of the brewery next year.

Parent plant in it's second year is putting on 100mm per day at present. This is the only one up so far, another for you and one for Winkle and Browndog. Wildayeast has collected his two, haven't heard if his have woken up yet.

Edit: Split the last two, one for Winkle and one for Browndog - so long as they come up !

Beersom, one of your babies has woken up from it's winter slumber.

View attachment 15633

This bad girl and her sister will be decorating the front of the brewery next year.

Parent plant in it's second year is putting on 100mm per day at present. This is the only one up so far, another for you and two for Winkle. Wildayeast has collected his two, haven't heard if his have woken up yet.

WICKED !!!!!!
Cheers mate !!

Hey Beersom,

I met up with Ross and Jye and a few of the crew on Friday at the Grand Central and tried your brews. very nice indeed! I particularly enjoyed the Rauchbier. Full kudos to you for having the balls to produce such a beer on a commercial scale. Everyone I spoke to who tried it was very impressed. The wheatie was also delicious! I'm definitely tempted to try and get back there this Saturday night.

Cheers - Snow.

The Rauch is great, I ended up downing a few steins of it and the hefe (also good) on Saturday evening :chug: . Is this going to be on tap regularly Ian?

. Is this going to be on tap regularly Ian?

At the brewery - yes, should be on for a while.
At other venues - not sure, after the grand central it may pop its head up from time to time in a few places.
I am still not sure whether this will be a permanent beer in the line-up or just a seasonal .... I guess that depends on the reception it gets .... so far so good, but it is a style the some people find confronting. I could drink gallons of it myself

At the brewery - yes, should be on for a while.
but it is a style the some people find confronting. I could drink gallons of it myself

Hi Ian,

I've not been a great lover of smoked beers in the past & have often said that smoke has no place in a brew. But that said, I thouroughly enjoyed yours, as I did Redoaks (peated rather than regular smoked) & am now starting to get a real taste for them :) . My Smoked Marzen is just running dry & I will be working out something new to brew very shortly...

cheers Ross

Latest posts

Back