Sunshine Coast Brewery - Oktoberfest Celebration

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine_Brewer

Reaction score
Just got this email, thought I would pass it on.

Oktoberfest
Visit The Sunshine Coast Brewery
Saturday 18 & 25 October 2008

As part of a celebration of Oktoberfest, The Sunshine Coast Brewerys new brewer Scott Hargrave - has brewed two fabulous new German beers. They are a Kolsch and a Dunkel Weizen. In addition to these two new German beers, the brewery also has on tap its Hefe-Weizen and its Rauch Bier along with a number of other excellent award-winning craft beers. A choice of authentic German sausages will be available during lunch time to complete the experience.

The Bar at The Sunshine Coast Brewery will be open on Saturday 18 & Saturday 25 October from 11am to 6pm with lunch being available between 12 and 2pm. Come along and enjoy a taste of Oktoberfest.

Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!Bugger, Bugger and x2 Bugger!

Oh well, same thing at Hennos! :lol:

Oh I might have to go and have a look at that :D as will be working just around the corner in the morning,Ill have a few for you Incider, its on for two saturdays Sean you should HTFU and do both :p

Cheers jeff

Oh I might have to go and have a look at that :D as will be working just around the corner in the morning,Ill have a few for you Incider, its on for two saturdays Sean you should HTFU and do both :p

Cheers jeff

Oh Yeah... Thanks Jeff!

I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2! I'm an idiot, I'm and idiot x 2!

Time to hit the araldite. :lol:

Sunshines gain...Canberra's loss.
I can personally attest to the quality of the Brewers wheat beers.

K

Perhaps let us know a little more in advance next time

Batz

Yippeee, I'm off work that day.

How do you get to Kunda Park from the highway? It's about 18 years since I've been there - I normally use the Sunshine Motorway for all my Sunny Coast visits.

It's a fair drive but well worth it even if I can only have a couple but I assume they have six packs of their products on sale.

I'll make up a BribieG badge for the day :rolleyes:

Yippeee, I'm off work that day.

How do you get to Kunda Park from the highway? It's about 18 years since I've been there - I normally use the Sunshine Motorway for all my Sunny Coast visits.

It's a fair drive but well worth it even if I can only have a couple but I assume they have six packs of their products on sale.

I'll make up a BribieG badge for the day :rolleyes:

BribieG,

The Sunshine Coast Motorway would be fine to get you there. Just take the Marochydoore Road turnoff which will be on your left if coming on the scm. Otherwise turn right at Marochydoore Road off the Bruce Highway.
They do sell beer at the brewery :D
cheers

SB

Looks like I can get there this Sat arvo on the way back from Gympie, Monkale and others - what time do you plan on being there? have a leave pass and transport arranged if others from this end of the coast want a lift home.

Cheers,

Screwy

Bugger :( I will be in Toowoomba for a wedding this weekend and at a 'must go to' meeting the next week in Brissie.
Double bugger.

In a word, WOW. SCB goes from strength to strength, new brewer Scott Hargrave has introduced a great Hefeweizen and a fantastic Dunkelweizen. Looking forward to following the brewery's progress again with Scott on board. Hope those who couldn't make it today can get along to the SCB soon to try the new beers.

Screwy

...Thanks Screwy ,

great to meet you yesterday and talk beer for a couple of hours. Thanks for your wonderful feedback as well. Made my day, hope to see you back here soon, i'm looking forward to trying 'Roger' and thanks for bringing 'Rory'...we're very happy with the response to the hefe and dunkelweizen & kolsch so far....although i've just started and have a long way to go, the positive responses from the punters are very encouraging and much appreciated...nothing to me is more satisfying than having fellow beer lovers enjoying all the hard work sitting in the glass before them....looking forward to meeting more Sunshine Coast brewers & beer lovers as well....

...We'll be doing it again next Saturday (although i know the Nats are on...anybody wanna buy a FULL conference ticket ?? if so PM me, i just can't be in two places at once no matter how much i want to)...we'll also have more of the German weisswurst etc and Klaus, a little old German fella. He and his wife liked the beers and he's bringing his OOmmpah band mates next week...slap dancing anyone??...

...and Batz is right, sorry folks for the short notice...i didn't get much either...three weeks ago the new beers were still in grain bags...i'm really keen on more beer related events at the brewery and will post well in advance from now on , now that i have the internet again....

...Beers and Cheers ,

... Scott...

...Thanks Screwy ,

great to meet you yesterday and talk beer for a couple of hours. Thanks for your wonderful feedback as well. Made my day, hope to see you back here soon, i'm looking forward to trying 'Roger' and thanks for bringing 'Rory'...we're very happy with the response to the hefe and dunkelweizen & kolsch so far....although i've just started and have a long way to go, the positive responses from the punters are very encouraging and much appreciated...nothing to me is more satisfying than having fellow beer lovers enjoying all the hard work sitting in the glass before them....looking forward to meeting more Sunshine Coast brewers & beer lovers as well....

...We'll be doing it again next Saturday (although i know the Nats are on...anybody wanna buy a FULL conference ticket ?? if so PM me, i just can't be in two places at once no matter how much i want to)...we'll also have more of the German weisswurst etc and Klaus, a little old German fella. He and his wife liked the beers and he's bringing his OOmmpah band mates next week...slap dancing anyone??...

...and Batz is right, sorry folks for the short notice...i didn't get much either...three weeks ago the new beers were still in grain bags...i'm really keen on more beer related events at the brewery and will post well in advance from now on , now that i have the internet again....

...Beers and Cheers ,

... Scott...

Bugger, like you said Scott, can't be in two places... would love to be there with some of the local guys and the oompah band next weekend, I think InCider would Rap Dance to that. Even though I will be living a little further away next year, I will be a more frequent visitor so long as that Dunkel is on tap. Monkale, you gotta try that beer, it would put a horn on a Jellyfish.

Hope you can unload the ticket Scott.

Screwy

...Bump...

...anybody else up this way who 'aint goin to ANHC..??? :( ....come drown your sorrows with me this Saturday at the brewery from 11.00am onwards...we've been told to expect a few folks and the beers are drinking nicely...

...see ya there...cheers,

Scott

Would love too, but go stuff on this weekend - at least it is beer related.
I'll have to drop in over Xmas some time.

Was hoping to get up there tomorrow, but was informed earlier in the week that we are to go to Grafton for the Jackaranda festival and visit the folks this weekend.
I was told we planned to do hat last March. Oh well. Somebody have a dunkelweizen and a rauschbeir for me!

A a member of the Canberra Brewers Club, who have members the calibre of Craig Webber (national champ 2 years running), Dan Rayner (B.O.S 2 years running), etc etc. I would have to say that Scotty's (Canberra version) dunkleweizen is THE best craftbrewed beer I have ever tasted. In fact, I am struggling to think of a better beer full stop.
Oh, and his Hefe is all right as well (check last years nats results, pipped for BOS by half a point...oh sorry Cougar, I wasn't supposed to remind you again was I :p )
So if you are in the area, do yourself a favour and check out his stuff.

Was hoping to get up there tomorrow, but was informed earlier in the week that we are to go to Grafton for the Jackaranda festival and visit the folks this weekend.
I was told we planned to do hat last March. Oh well. Somebody have a dunkelweizen and a rauschbeir for me!

Will do Snowdog, ill be there sometime this arvo...

Latest posts

Back