Where To Buy No Rinse Sanitiser

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TDH

I did look into proxitane (peracetic acid) some time ago as an alternative to orthophosphoric acid but the price is just too high to consider it as an alternative.

Admittedly i didnt go too deep into the usage rates of each but on a $/mL comparison of an equivalent molar concentration it was something like 20x the price.

Unless you have a cheaper source.......

Cheers
DrSmurto

At what concentration?

EDIT - and by that i mean what conc is the product you buy and at what conc do you use it.

I bought 2.5L of 85% orthophosphoric acid last year for ~$100.

I use bleach in my fermenters WITH COLD WATER..

In case that was in response to me - yes cold water with the bleach and vinegar. I then rinse with hot to drive off the chlorine (my aforementioned chlorine paranoia), then sodium met, then cold water then use immediately. Using hot water with the bleach will render it ineffective.

I picked up some starsan and gave it a burl for the first time the other day. Swirled it around in my fermenter, and FOAM. What is the go here? Do people let this drip dry and go away? I used it at 1.5mL per litre of water. Is it ok to put the beer on this?

I just read the spec sheet for starsan, basically it said to pour off the excess and let it dain for a bit and the residual foam is no drama

http://www.fivestarchemicals.com/tech/starsan.pdf

I currently use iodophor, when that is gone will probably go starsan because you can pre-mix it and store in a spray bottle, iodophor won't do this. Unfortunately I have ~400ml of iodophor which will last me for about 2 years...

Swirled it around in my fermenter, and FOAM. What is the go here? Do people let this drip dry and go away?
As has been mentioned, "Don't fear the foam"

It breaks down and becomes yeast food.

I shake out as much of it as I can but what's left I just leave there.

Back