Where To Buy Iodaphor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcmfisher

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to know where I can buy Iodaphor in Adelaide?
I am interested in trying some. The brew shop I went to today gave me a vague look and said he had never heard of it :huh:
Thanks in advance :)

The brew shop I went to today gave me a vague look and said he had never heard of it :huh:

How unusual, try a dairy supplies distributer, ask for Iodophor or Phosphoric Acid Sanitiser. Unfortunately cost is around $130 - $180 for 25L. Might have to head up a bulk buy or find someone who has and see if there is some left to buy.

Screwy

Try Site Sponsor Grain and Grape. Postage to SA shouldn't be prohibitive.

Cheers,

microbe

Thanks for that, I will get some online.
While on the subject, with Iodophor is it best to make up a full solution of 10 or 20 litres and soak everything it that, which can be reused or can you just spray with a spray bottle and let dry?

You shouldn't need to mix up so much. My procedure is to mix up a couple of litres in a fermenter, seal, and give it a good shake every now and then. I also run some through the tap, tap threads and lid thread. When I'm ready to fill the fermenter, I just empty it and let it stand upside down for a few minutes. No rinsing needed. (Of course if you thoroughly clean everything after use, you're almost there anyway.)

I also have a small sprayer filled with solution for surfaces, hands etc.

I make up 1L, put half in the fermenter, half in my 500ml spray bottle. Shake up the fermenter with some stuff in it, and use the spray bottle for various other bits throughout the brew day.

Latest posts

Back