Where To Buy A Nasa Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, scratch that. The NASA burners are now only $90 including shipping, 22% off atm.

Ok, cut up the rim a little with the plasma cutter.

A 50L keg will sit perfectly within the lip of the rim, so I'll probably just weld on a few tabs to stop the keg from sliding off.

You might find you'll need more air holes cut in the bottom/side of the rim
i had my keg lower down at first on some bbq grating, and not enough air was getting in, leading to a bright orange flame
guess you'll just have to experiment and see

Can anyone tell me whether an Australian regulator hose will attach to the orifice that comes with this NASA burner?

Cheers,

Thomas.

I wasn't sure; and the regulator I ordered above is a POL fitting (will screw into the POL gas bottles available here) - only annoying thing about it is it's shipping weight is marked as 8 pounds which makes it a little expensive to ship (compared to the average amazon global expedited of <$5 per item), but still very cheap for a 40 PSI adjustable reg ...

The orifice threads are 3/8-Inch - someone maybe able to tell you whether that's the standard on our reg hoses?

Does anyone know wether the SP10 SP10 NASA Burner and the regulator that comes with can be attached to Australian Standard LPG gas bottles?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know wether the SP10 SP10 NASA Burner and the regulator that comes with can be attached to Australian Standard LPG gas bottles?

If you want to use a 4.5 or 9kg you will need an adapter.
I have bought them before at bcf. About $10 by memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought a spare NASA burner from Amazon $16.00 AUD $31.45 includeing freight. At that price I would really kick myself not haveing a spare one especially if my original stuffs in the middle of a boil.
Cheers Altstart ;)

Just bought a spare NASA burner from Amazon $16.00 AUD $31.45 includeing freight. At that price I would really kick myself not haveing a spare one especially if my original stuffs in the middle of a boil.
Cheers Altstart ;)

Link Please!

i have a nasa and fail to see how it can stuff up mid brew, its just hunk of iron with holes in it. Unless you store it outside in the rain i cant see it breaking. Definately take off the air intake control. It runs better without it.

Can these burners use mains gas?

Hi Wolfman

Many years ago I had an old gas fired copper for cooking crabs in.
It had the same burner and could run on town gas but I would assume that you may need some sort of control.
I think if you spoke to a gas fitter/trades person, particularly an older aged one you may find how you can run it on mains gas.

Cheers

Hi Wolfman

Many years ago I had an old gas fired copper for cooking crabs in.
It had the same burner and could run on town gas but I would assume that you may need some sort of control.
I think if you spoke to a gas fitter/trades person, particularly an older aged one you may find how you can run it on mains gas.

Cheers

Cheers mate will do.

Sorry to drag up an old post but I was doing a bit of house keeping and though this might be helpful to others looking at getting a NASA burner.

Here is a review I wrote about it a while ago and should have originally done it in here.

REVIEW

Back