Where To Buy 10 Jet Mongolian Natural Gas?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barley Belly

Head Brewer - Barley Belly Brewery
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone know where/the cheapest place to buy a 10 jet Mongolian Burner for Natural Gas?

Have tried Keefer Bros, they say they are no longer stocked.

Emailed Auscrown, but haven't heard back yet.

Interested to find other buyers feedback.

Emailed Auscrown, but haven't heard back yet.
These guys are notoriously shithouse at answering emails - since it seems there is not an English speaking person among them. Give them a call and they will answer.

Not sure if this lady is still there (last contacted her June 09)

[email protected]

Gave me excellent customer service when I was buying some stuff, and actually knew their products

QldKev

Since they are not a sponsor - I have no qualms in saying that BB are selling them with a 250% markup to places like auscrown.

10 Jet Mongolian
Auscrown $24.40 (last time I got a price list)
BB $62.00

Med pressure adj reg
Auscrown $29
BB $65
- to be fair the BB does come with a rubber hose.

but add a 1.8m S/S auscrown hose for $20.

I got a reply from auscrown on monday at 10AM after emailing them at 4PM on Friday. Pretty good turn around if you ask me. It was less than a month ago and from ann sewell

Since they are not a sponsor - I have no qualms in saying that BB are selling them with a 250% markup to places like auscrown.

Sorry matey, but that's not true at all - I might not be a sponsor, but that's no reason to make grossly inaccurate statements like that. You are assuming that;

a ) We buy from Auscrown (incorrect)
b ) We get that price (incorrect)
c ) We buy/sell in the numbers required to offer a price even anywhere close to that. (incorrect)

We need to buy a whole box of (just the 10 jet Nat gas version) these things to get a wholesale price on them - and the reality is that they do not sell. We buy from a local supplier who also has his margin on it. We are governed by the price they give us, it has no relation at all to the price auscrown offers.

Please get your facts right next time before you make totally mis-leading statements.

I didn't say you bought from Auscrown - I said you are selling them for a 250% markup over auscrown.

10 Jet Mongolian
Auscrown $24.40 (last time I got a price list)
BB $62.00
Its actually 254% - not 250%. My mistake.

I didn't say you bought from Auscrown - I said you are selling them for a 250% markup over auscrown.

Its actually 254% - not 250%. My mistake.
The word 'markup' being in there makes all the difference..I am not marking anything up from the auscrown price. I don't get that price. So your comparison is between the wholesalers price and one that is several steps down the food chain. You can conveniently ignore the details, but it's still bullshit.

The word 'markup' being in there makes all the difference..I am not marking anything up from the auscrown price. I don't get that price. So your comparison is between the wholesalers price and one that is several steps down the food chain. You can conveniently ignore the details, but it's still bullshit.
Ok Ok - see you point. What I should have said was:

Since they are not a sponsor - I have no qualms in saying that BB are selling them at a 250% shitter price to places like auscrown.

So you did, in fact, have qualms or, if you didn't have them, you should have had them.

Since you are not a sponsor, I have few qualms in saying that.

Can't we all move on now, life is far too short, just ask a Mongolian.

Ok Ok - see you point. What I should have said was:

Since they are not a sponsor - I have no qualms in saying that BB are selling them at a 250% shitter price to places like auscrown.

No worries. You may be interested then in the possibility of saving 400% on your milk compared to what Coles sells it for......all you have to do is buy a cow. The two have no relation to each other, other than the fact that they are both milk.....but your theory makes it sound like a sensible option. But be aware that Coles does not sponsor any forums. And neither do cows. Not even mongolian ones.....I'm sure you'll find a way to make that sound relevant though....... :blink:

No worries. You may be interested then in the possibility of saving 400% on your milk compared to what Coles sells it for......all you have to do is buy a cow. The two have no relation to each other, other than the fact that they are both milk.....but your theory makes it sound like a sensible option. But be aware that Coles does not sponsor any forums. And neither do cows. Not even mongolian ones.....I'm sure you'll find a way to make that sound relevant though....... :blink:

Careful I am Solicitor who represents " United Mongolian cows who refuse to sponsor HB chat forums & who don't drink milk purchased from coles"

:icon_cheers:

Paul

Hmmm i have 2 10 jets that i did get from auscrown and they were not $24 they were about 3 years ago. Ann was good to deal with but i think she is no longer at auscrown. The difference between Buying from some one like BB or other brewing supplier, is knowledge they know what we are on about. Im willing to pay premium for that sort of support, knows what im asking about, auscrown dont know what as brewers we are looking for.

They are a wholesaler i think and are of the mind that the buyer knows what they are looking for. With out places like BB CB MM we would not be in the position we are in now as brewers, but we seem to like to knock them down as money hungry profitiers. Ive had beers with 2 of formention business owners and a couple of long calls to the other, all have looked after me and i know non of them are getting mega rich over running a business that supports us as brewers.

It takes all sorts. +1 and+1 Some people are just "penny wise,pound foolish" :rolleyes: Victorian dairy farmers currently get app.35c per litre at the farm gate,I'll let other ppl work out the profit the supermarkets make on that :beer: It applies all over :angry:

Just bumping this one up there as Ann Sewell from auscrown has just provided me with fantastic customer service for some Mongolians at a ripper price. Worthwhile checking them out if you want some good jet burners at what I think is an unbeatable price.

Latest posts

Back