Where Can You Get A Good Beer In Darwin?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was drinking One Mile brews at the Precinct a few weeks back and can highly recommend them, it's certainly the best beer you will find in Darwin on tap.

I think I felt a tear roll down my face when I had my first sip of the IPA. I had not tasted fresh hops since September and I felt a relapsing drug addict!

The RDO was a cracking brew as well.

Rorkes - my neighbour reckons it's cool. you can buy a card then go around swiping it at different beer dispensers, apparently lots of beer to choose from

if you facebook look

here

i couldn't find a website

We have a couple of places like that in the Valley and up at Mooloolaba called Taps which is basically the same idea where you pay for a little magnet thingy and go and stick it on readers near the beer taps and pour your own. It's pretty cool but sometimes the taps are a bit foamy. :( Usually got something I haven't tried before though, had some nice ones there.

droid said:
Rorkes - my neighbour reckons it's cool. you can buy a card then go around swiping it at different beer dispensers, apparently lots of beer to choose from

if you facebook look

here

i couldn't find a website
It's seriously a bit too flash for Darwin is Rorkes. You get blinded the minute you step in the joint because of the shine of the overly polished fittings. It ain't Darwin is Rorkes.

WEAL, get yourself down to Lola's Pergola in Cullen Bay. They're usually pretty good for craft beer on tap. Not as much selection as The Precinct but it's a nicer environment, better food, better location and the the craft beers they do have on tap are generally a bit more unusual than the ones they have in The Precinct, which basically is a mirror image of the craft beer section in your local BWS, ie. Feral, James Squires, Murrays and a handful of Matilda Bay beers. They do have the advantage of a couple of kegs of the local One Mile Brewery beer, which is very good though. Go to both, in fact, if you've got the time.

Oh, and mind the crocs on Mitchell Street. They'll be wanting a bite of you if you give them half a chance.

I tell a lie, Lola's Pergola has One Mile Brewery beer on tap as well, and usually the IPA which is a beauty.

Will be trying them all its been a few years since I was there last, loads of female backpackers wearing nothing more than shorts and singlets, if she was wearing knickers she was overdressed.

Tried Rorkes first up didnt have the beers advertised on their Facebook page, looking forward to the 1 Mile IPA, went to the Precinct, they had the 1 MIle IPA on tap, looking forward to giving this a nudge, asked for a schooner barman replied try the Yenda IPA I said no thanks 1 Mile IPA I dont like the Yenda, bar man, buy the Yenda and I will give you a free schooner, Me, offer me ten schooners of Yenda for free and I will still say no, 1Mile IPA please, barman we are doing a promotion of Yenda IPA, it tastes the same as 1 MIle IPA.In that case I replied give me a Yenda out of the 1 Mile IPA tap, he just looked at me with a quizical face, so I didnt end up getting my 1 MIle IPA.
They are still as mad as when I was there 15 years ago.

wide eyed and legless said:
And they will still be mad in 15 years time as well.

Get up there for territory day one year, bloody brilliant. Bunch of walloped yobbos letting off fireworks from their utes on the side of the road with the coppers standing by egging them on.

I love Darwin, and try to get up there every year or so. Great people and an even greater landscape.

JD

Looks good the beer desert is Cairns nothing at all since Blue Sky shut shop. (That I know of )

Tried Rorkes first up didnt have the beers advertised on their Facebook page, looking forward to the 1 Mile IPA, went to the Precinct, they had the 1 MIle IPA on tap, looking forward to giving this a nudge, asked for a schooner barman replied try the Yenda IPA I said no thanks 1 Mile IPA I dont like the Yenda, bar man, buy the Yenda and I will give you a free schooner, Me, offer me ten schooners of Yenda for free and I will still say no, 1Mile IPA please, barman we are doing a promotion of Yenda IPA, it tastes the same as 1 MIle IPA.In that case I replied give me a Yenda out of the 1 Mile IPA tap, he just looked at me with a quizical face, so I didnt end up getting my 1 MIle IPA.
How was the Yenda IPA? The same as the 1 Mile IPA? It isn't - the 1 Mile IPA is actually tasty and not made by Coca-Cola.

I ended up walking out without a drink, Icould see trouble brewing and a bouncer hovering close by, went back last night asked for a 1 Mile IPA finally got it so I thought, one taste and I knew it was the wrong beer, after Pistolpetes review, found the manager said I hadnt got what I asked for she spoke to the bar person who admitted it was a Yenda IPA she then poured me a 1 Mile IPA which was an excellent beer, I wouldnt bother going in again but the bar is in the Ardina Holliday appartments complex and about 40 meters from the elevator. My mum always used to say I could find trouble on a wet afternoon , I think she might be right.

I ended up walking out without a drink, Icould see trouble brewing and a bouncer hovering close by, went back last night asked for a 1 Mile IPA finally got it so I thought, one taste and I knew it was the wrong beer, after Pistolpetes review, found the manager said I hadnt got what I asked for she spoke to the bar person who admitted it was a Yenda IPA she then poured me a 1 Mile IPA which was an excellent beer, I wouldnt bother going in again but the bar is in the Ardina Holliday appartments complex and about 40 meters from the elevator. My mum always used to say I could find trouble on a wet afternoon , I think she might be right.
Bloody hell. They really, REALLY wanted you drinking Yenda IPA. What the **** is going on when a bar gives you a different drink than you asked for. And knowingly does so too.

Latest posts

Back