Where Can I Buy Those Round Eskys? (pic Attached)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huscre

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've checked bunnings, eBay and a few google searches but I can't find an Australian retailer for the round insulated plastic barrels that people use as Hot Liqor Tuns, Mash Tuns etc.

hotliquortank.jpg

Does anyone know where I can pick one up and at what cost?

Cheers!

Try camping and outdoor stores, like Rays Outdoors.

Huscre I picked up one a 'Rays' for $69 a while back. They had a ton of them in stock.

Francis.

Hey guys. I've checked bunnings, eBay and a few google searches but I can't find an Australian retailer for the round insulated plastic barrels that people use as Hot Liqor Tuns, Mash Tuns etc.

Does anyone know where I can pick one up and at what cost?

Cheers!

My first one was one of those in blue plastic but after a couple of years use it is dead, all warped on the inside and the lid no longer fits, have replaced it with a G&G orange one and this thing is solid, no warping, no discolouration of the plastic, easy to clean, looks like it will last a long time, so IMHO its better so spend a bit more once.

you can buy them direct from Gatorade as well....website for about $140. Or check out More Beer in the US which can work out OK if the dollar is good. They can also chuck all the additional gear you need on it as well.

These are great coolers....

Thanks for all the replies!

Wow $195 + postage is a lot more than I expected it to cost. Will they handle a 2400W heating element in there?

I'm in Wollongong area so I'll check out the local camping stores and see what I can see.

I think I might keep badgering the scrap metal stores for kegs to convert instead.

If you are in the market for a rubbermaid cooler for a mashtun look at this before you decide. Mine lasted just under a year. IMO they aren't really up to the job and I have since replaced it with a Stainless Steel MT

View attachment 28126

Cheers

Mate, I've got one for sale, it's a bit faded as it was left in the sun for a bit, but is less than a year old. I upgraded to a bigger one.
$40 it's yours, it's got the fitting for a tap, just needs a ball valve and some braid or whatever you choose to fit as a manifold.
PM for pics.

I got mine for $70-90 from BCF its about 40L and works well. :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back