Where Can I Buy Plastic Buckets/cubes On The Gold Coast?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevc

Reaction score
I'm looking for a suitable container for my bucket-o-death. I was hoping for a 30L fermenter-style drum, or even a large cube.
The Bunnings here doesn't have any buckets in stock, and Anaconda has no water drums/cubes.

I'd really like to avoid going any where near Brisbane... too far. Surely there's somewhere local.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

Trev

Did you try the rubish bin section of bunnings? or the laundry baskets? I got a 50L willow polyprop laundry basket at the big green warehouse (saw a similar one in my local farmer jacks grocery store the other day). I must warn you though, when I put the hole saw through the bottom to install the element it cracked a bit (needed lots of silicone to seal up again). And I never ended up using that boiler anyway (got a robinox SS pot shortly after)

BTW I'm not sure why people are so keen on HDPE compared to PP. PP has a higher temperature rating and is used in icecream buckets and rice cookers. Probably more to do with wall thickness than any preference for plastic types.

Try here Trev, don't how close Rocklea is to you but they have a good range and cheap.

Andrew

on second thoughts I just google map'd it, forget I said anything.

Bunnings had a special on 15L cubes yesterday if I recall correctly - Burleigh Bunnings. Plenty of other sizes too.

BCF at Burleigh had 20 - 25 litre drums pretty reasonable too.

Thanks guys. Burleigh sounds like the best bet so far. I'll see what I can find. A fermenter-style tap would be good too, I've seen some of those drums that come with them.

Thanks guys. Burleigh sounds like the best bet so far. I'll see what I can find. A fermenter-style tap would be good too, I've seen some of those drums that come with them.
I was in Big-W today and it looked like they had quite a range of drums etc in their camping section. I didn't stop for a good look but it may help...

Latest posts

Back