Where Can I Buy A Stiefel In Aus?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grod5

Reaction score
I have been looking for a stiefel for ages locally and can't seem to find one. Any suggestions?

daniel

You've been listening to the Dan Gordon show on TBN again haven't you ? :p

Doc

What is it?

EDIT: A glass boot from which one drinks beer...

My understanding (thanks google as I had no f'n idea) is its a boot in the non beer world but for brewers its a boot shaped glass that holds 2000mls. Sounds like a yardy to me
Cheers BDB

Last edited by a moderator:
I whole new version of getting as full as a boot. :D

Ahhhhhhh the stiefel........... I first saw the stiefel in a cinematic masterpiece called "Beerfest".

I've wanted one ever since seeing Beerfest. I watched it almost every day for a few weeks when it leaked, sometimes twice a day.

Ahhh yes, the beloved 2L Stiefel, how I miss the days of Spaten Optimator filled Uni weekends! Thank god I am going back to the states for my 10 year reunion (yes I am old) in November and I have a chance to repeat those days. I wonder if I can still put one down and walk back to the dorms... :lol:

I have been looking for a stiefel for ages locally and can't seem to find one. Any suggestions?

daniel

Daniel ,
Dont tell anyone else !!! but you will find a German Cuckoo clock shop in Berry, they stock a small range of ceramic steins and some stiefel in various sizes

Stan Burt Arcade ~ Queen St., Berry NSW (Behind Jetz Cafe)
Cuckoo Corner
Grandfather clocks,
Blackforest Cuckoo
Clocks, watches,
music boxes &
Russian Babushka Dolls
Ph: 4464 2214

Pumpy :)

if you've never drunk from one before they are a great experience, i love mine

rob_shoe_glass.jpg

u can get em here in the west from duckstein

Cheers Rob.

Anything to get your ugly mug on the Internet...get a Facebook account poser !

:p

We had an initiation ceremony at my basketball club whereby you had to drink a beer from a glass inside a basketball boot. It looked like the top of a middy glass poking out of the top, but of course there was stiefel taking up the whole size 15. The can of swill which you watched being poured into your glass wasn't your entire drink, it was merely topping up the two king browns already concealed within.

Great days.......

Pumpy,

Thanks for the info. I have been interested in getting a glass boot for a fwe years now but haven't been able to find one. Doc has my number. I listened to the TBN show months ago where Dan gave one away. I was in Honolulu last year and visited GB but they didn't have stiefels for sale.

TBN "Sunday Session" live 10am Monday; listen in all.

daniel

howdy folks,

the Stiefel over here is mostly ordered to play a game with others.
There must be a bunch of drinking willed people.

The rules:
Order a 3 or 5litre Stiefel
one starts drinking out of it first, without a break.
The Stiefel goes around.
the second last one who is drinking, has to pay for it and order a new one.

That means, if you dont want to pay for it, you have to empty it, so the one before you has to pay, or leave as much in as the next one cannot drink instantly.

have fun :beerbang:

Back