Where Can I Buy A Stiefel In Aus?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont want to spoil all the fun but there is a technique to drinking out of with the Stiefel .

This pic show NOT the correct technique for drinking from a Stiefel.

Continue drinking this way and when the beer get to the acute curve of the glass boot ,there will be a sudden rush of air into the toe of the glass boot ,the consequence will be a sudden gush of beer onto the drinkers mouth, which he will not handle and basically the beer gives the drinker's face a good drenching .

The correct technique is to drink with the toe of the glass boot downwards to avoid this sudden gush of beer .

To the uninitiated when in Germany they will often pass the boot to you in such a way so you start drinking with the toe up and wait in anticipation !!!

I was always handed the glass boot the aim being to drink the beer in one go without spilling a drop , with the toe of the boot up it will always spill the beer .

I learned this from my time in Germany drinking thier wonderful beers at the age of sixteen this was not the best way to enjoy the beer .

Pumpy :)

boot.jpg

howdy folks,

the Stiefel over here is mostly ordered to play a game with others.
There must be a bunch of drinking willed people.

The rules:
Order a 3 or 5litre Stiefel
one starts drinking out of it first, without a break.
The Stiefel goes around.
the second last one who is drinking, has to pay for it and order a new one.

That means, if you dont want to pay for it, you have to empty it, so the one before you has to pay, or leave as much in as the next one cannot drink instantly.

have fun :beerbang:

You also forgot the part of where you can not put it down, if so then you buy the next one. We used to flick the rim with our finger and say prost then get into it as hard as we could, pass it on and pray it comes back ;)

Also before you start to drink the boot the band will play a song and it goes, "Ein Prosit, Ein Prosit, Gemtilchkeit" then they say, eins, zwei, drei and everyone gets stuck in!

http://www.essen-haus.com/essenhaus.htm

You can mail order steifels from them. I warn you they are not cheap! :D

Good one more beer think to bring back from trip to Germany Might find one at the Cannstatt Volksfestival

Back