Where Are You From ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you live and brew ?

• New South Wales

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queensland

• Victoria

• Tasmania

• Western Australia

• Northern Territory

• ACT

• New Zealand

• ummm there was somewhere else......South Australia

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Castlemaine, centre Victoria.

Spring, Texas. Its a suburb of Houston on the North side. I'm 60 miles from the Gulf Coast.

Carbrook - Brisbane Southside.

Originally from southeast England - 5 years in Jamaica & now 13 years in Brizzy...
On 15 acres, taking life easy :D ... :chug:

Sydney Boy Near the OLD CUB :( :( Brewery

Looks as if the brewing centre of the country has shifted to NSW !!!!

chiefman said:
Sydney Boy Near the OLD CUB :( :( Brewery
[post="46827"][/post]​

Ah, I used to enjoy the aroma's coming from the CUB Broadway brewery as I got off the bus and walked to my old Chippendale unit.
Sitting out on the balcony smelling the mash used to be great.
However living between City Rd, Abercrombie St, Cleveland St and Broadway did have the inner city downsides too.
Still miss The Rose hotel. Tried to get lunch there a couple of weekends back, but we were too early. Looks like the new owners have kept the vibe of the place.

Beers,
Doc

Linz said:
[post="49567"][/post]​

Agreed, its all those Wagga brewers :huh:

C&B
TDA

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
Linz said:
[post="49567"][/post]​

Agreed, its all those Wagga brewers :huh:

C&B
TDA
[post="49573"][/post]​

Yeah, I wonder how many times he has voted :D

No
They are shifting too Qld ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Batz :ph34r:

one west to east move vs one north to west move.check mate batz.scores even :p
xcept you beat me by a few years :angry:
Q how tall are the gum trees on your block batz
A :angry: :p

big d

Canberra ACT here we might have a cold winter, but good for brewing lagers.

Stagger

Sitting out on the balcony smelling the mash used to be great.
However living between City Rd, Abercrombie St, Cleveland St and Broadway did have the inner city downsides too.
Still miss The Rose hotel.

Huh, small world Doc...I know that smell, used to live in Thomas St. Chippendale, the place I made my first ever K & K homebrew! :D
I remember the inner city downside too, walking up Lawson St. to Redfern Station to go to work each morning. past the charming & friendly locals. :huh:

That's be the Native Rose pub you mention?

Like this big d

Can't see anyone there , suppose he maybe hiding :huh:

Batz

Howdy

Born in Canberra (but I don't remember much from there so don't crucify me!), 2 years living in Singapore, majority of my life in BrisVegas (used to live 2 minutes from the Story Bridge Pub), nearly a year in Cairns and now going on 5 years in beeootiful Darwin.

Other half is a Territorian through and through - born in Katherine

Biggest problem we have is to keep the brew cool - have to add a bag or 2 of ice to get the water temp below 30 deg at the moment. So far our gumby brews have turned out ok.

But with two old fridges coming my way, I think we can do better...that's why we're here...

Born in Taree, lived on a farm outside Gloucester for the first 18 years of life. Moved to Newy for 4 four years of uni. Then to Sydney for work 2 years and now back to Newy to settle for life (it would appear). That makes 28 years.
My other half is from Gunnedah for her first 18 and then dito mine after that. She won't drink beer so I am left on my own in that regard.

Borret

Borret said:
Born in Taree, lived on a farm outside Gloucester for the first 18 years of life. Moved to Newy for 4 four years of uni. Then to Sydney for work 2 years and now back to Newy to settle for life (it would appear). That makes 28 years.
My other half is from Gunnedah for her first 18 and then dito mine after that. She won't drink beer so I am left on my own in that regard.

Borret
[post="55338"][/post]​

There are a few of us Novocastrians that would be more than happy to help with your beer drinking efforts :)

I work in Newcastle (just up the road from the Knights stadium - Go the Knights - please :unsure: )
Lived in Newcastle when young
All my relo's are from Newcastle
Swmbo's relo's are from Newcastle

Does this make me an honourary Novocastrian? I'd hate to feel left out ;)

Been settled for the last 13 yrs on the beautiful drought ridden NSW Central Coast not far from Wyong (where I also grew up).
Spent 5 yrs in Sydney before that - doing a traineeship and getting better edumacated.

Cheers,
Mick

shmick,
I work on the central coast (tuggerah) but live in the hunter. I keep hearing about this drought of yours and then that the hunters water supply is still about 85%. I guess we just know how to dance properly ....or something.
I supose you have a little novocastrian blood so we will excuse just this once.

Borret

im originally from taree as well but have lived in both newie and sydney in the last 5 years as well as melbourne. i also spend a fair bit of time traveling as well

Borret said:
shmick,
I work on the central coast (tuggerah) but live in the hunter. I keep hearing about this drought of yours and then that the hunters water supply is still about 85%. I guess we just know how to dance properly ....or something.
I supose you have a little novocastrian blood so we will excuse just this once.

Borret
[post="55423"][/post]​

Ah water restrictions !
I reckon they'll ban homebrewing soon, along with showering and flushing the bog. Welcome to the Central Coast - new home of the outback blowfly.

The worst part about having low water supply levels (28% capacity at present) is the fluctuating water quality.
The pH alone of the tapwater has varied from 7.1 to 7.6 within the last 4 years.
Until recently, I used to keep tropical fish (fussy Sth African ciclids) and was forever having to fiddle the pH and carbonate levels. PITA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back