Where Are You From ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you live and brew ?

• New South Wales

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queensland

• Victoria

• Tasmania

• Western Australia

• Northern Territory

• ACT

• New Zealand

• ummm there was somewhere else......South Australia

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Born and breed in Nelson (top of the South Island of NZ) then as above seven years in Wellington.

Born in Sydney, raised in Blenheim (over the hills from Nelson), then to Wollongong for a few years, now in Sydney for the last 5 years.

Doc, do you recall the Macs beers from Nelson?

Still make good beer at Macs....
Monteiths still a top drop as well.

dreamboat

jleske said:
Doc, do you recall the Macs beers from Nelson?
Do I recall it ? Damm straight.
Even before I could drink beer my father was buying his beer from there. The brew he used to buy was called "Top of the South" from memory.
I go back to the bottle shop at the brewery every time I go home to see the olds and pick up supplies.
The head brewer is a chick there nowadays too.
I love the Copperhop.

As for the Monteiths Dreamboat, I love the Doppelbock and the Black.

Beers,
Doc

Brother arriving from NZ tomorrow, hopefully bearing some monteiths Oud Bruin, and maybe Radler as well....
He might find himself sleeping outside if he doesn't bring the goods.

probably still warmer than his place in Fairlie.

dreamboat

And the best addition to the Macs range is their brew kits.

The Triple Malt Dark is a dead ringer for their Black Mac and the Creamy Brown Ale is excellent. The lager is good, but you need patience to leave in the bottle 2-3 months when it improves greatly

Sorry Doc, no Copperhop in the range as yet

jaytee said:
And the best addition to the Macs range is their brew kits.
These kits are marketed in Australia as the Malt Shovel kits (ala James Squire).
The only difference is the label ?
I gave one a go when they first came out ( I don't recall which now ) and it wasn't bad, but nothing to rave about.
But then anything under 50 ibu seems that way lately :D

Where do you get your supplies Jaytee ? I ordered a starter kit for a mate in Wellington on Friday last week from a place in Petone.

Beers,
Doc

Doc, the Wellington area has the Great Expectations shop in Waiwhetu in the Hutt Valley trading under the Brewers World banner. Used to be on Jackson Street in Petone but has moved further up the valley. And another in Paraparumu, with half empty shelves last time I called by.
The one in Newtown closed a while ago. :(

They have a good range of kits, good gear for kit/extract brewing, limited grain variety, ok hop selection and a lot of spirit and wine ingredients and gear.
A lot more of their stock is appearing with "Brewcraft" labelling, not too good for variety
Take a look here GreatExpectations

I'm getting into extract & grain after abusing my taste buds with years of kits and am contemplating sourcing bulk from these guys - who are also the Wyeast importers Nicholford

I work in Petone - you may know the big black building on the Esplanade - and I've just been up to Waiwhetu for my malt and grains today

Let your mate know that we have a get together last Wednesday each month at the Waiwhetu shop, 5-8pm
Put him in touch if you like, good to encourage local brewers

Raised in North Queensland (how about those Cowboys!)

18 months in the US (FL,AL)
18 months in the Witsundays
18 months in Fiji
18 months in West Papua, Indonesia

3 and a half years in Brisbane

Move to Sydney next week.

Setting up my AG equipment, hope to meet some AG'ers in Sydney and learn some tricks.

Cheers - Duff.

Hi Folks , Far North Queensland , on the Daintree River

I seem to notice more Queenslanders of late

Yeh Batz, Its us southerners moving up here and showing them how its done :chug:
:D :D :D :D :D :D

yeah...we've only just discovered computers up here.... :p

- Snow

I'm in Bindoon 80 ks nth of perth but not for long.
Selling up and going roaming this great country of ours and won't mind visiting a few of you guys on the way.
Batz we have a mutual acquaintance (he'll let you know) and will get up your way eventually Dig D.
Will be testing to see how HB travels but will have to stay Kits and Plastic unfortunately.
Look forward to meeting you guys on my travels over the next few years.

cheers Metters

im from melbourne but at the moment i am living on campus at ballarat, learning the fine art of brewing

it gets cold but we can brew good lagers for 9 months of the year, just in the shed. for the rest of the year i have access to a large (big enough to hold a 60L fermenter) incubator that i can set at any temp i want, for fermenting, cold conditioning or storage for secondary fermentation.

Im living in Carlingford, Sydney NSW. I would be interested to know if there are any HB clubs near me?

Living down Sutherland way in Sydney. Also wondering if there are any HB clubs close by??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back