When Is An Ag No Longer An Ag?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit I do use ldme for my starters and while i accept my brews as AG in the back of my mine i do feel a bit naughty and continue to do this only coz i can't be bothered (yet).
Interesting that you feel a bit naughty using LDME for a starter. Does anyone not? It seems to me to be totally overkill to do a mash for 1 litre of wort. Mind you - do you decant the fermented beer off the top of the starter or toss the whole thing in? I've decanted in the past, but I guess if you're doing a big 2l starter or something then it will have an impact on the flavour.

Each to their own, i don't think it is about being elitist but i personally do take pride in claiming AG status.
I personally take pride in the recipe formulation, and the knowledge behind it all, which is why I don't feel like less of a brewer for adding 500g of LDME to hit a desired OG or batch size. But I'm a pragmatist, not a purist. I'm also lazy :)

"L_Bomb" said:
If I poo into my mash tun, does that make it a partial?
Please refer Here :)

Back