Wheat Beer Conditioning...help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrumpy

Reaction score
hey,

had a look in the search but found nothing.....i've got a dunkul weizen at FG for the last 3 days still sitting at ferm temp, I dont have time to keg just yet since im going away this arvo and wont be back till tuesday, I need the beer to be at prime condition for the 4th of sep, (farthers day) any tips for a plan of action? will it be good at ferm temp till then or should I chill it down till I get back??

any ideas?

What makes you think it wont be ready in time for the 4th? Just keg it on Tuesday when you get back, hook it up to gass and when the 4th comes drink it.

You can do either. Chill it or leave at fementation temp. I quite often have to leave beers in fermenters for a bit longer than expected due to work issues. If you chill it it might be a bit clearer than if you left it out but being a wheat beer it meant to be a bit hazzy.

They say a good wheat beer should be drunk green as a lot of flavors acctully disapeaer over time so as mentioned above just keg when you get to it and gas and drink. All should be good.

Latest posts

Back