Whats Your Favourite Part Of Homebrewing?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
just thought that id ask the question, what would be everyones favourite part of homebrewing?

mine would have to be the sound of a homebrew bubbling away in my linen cupboard........ its one of the most beautiful sounds ever!

drinking your homebrew goes without saying!

When I actually get money from SWMBO to make another one!!

Working out what the next one is going to be.

Best part....hmmmm there's so many....

One of them.

Smiling knowingly and laughing on the inside, when one of my friends tells me all about this awesome low carb fantastic new megaswill bullshit beer with "man this beers got heaps of flavour" flavour, and knowing i can make better beer than he can buy in his bottle 'o', and he reckons he gets a "bargain" 'cause corona was on special for $40 a box.

Lazy retard....

Best, getting together with your mates for a brewday!

Second would be working on the brew gear, designing and building it.

QldKev

SWMBO = ABSOLUTE GOLD!

and working out what the next one will be deff comes a close second to the sound of a brew bubbling....... i actually get all sad and emotional when they stop........

Formulating and searching for recipes for upcoming brews.

All of it, except bottling, which will soon be fixed when bloody DHL get there ass into gear!

From formulating the recipe to blowing the keg, and every step in between. Actually so far my favourite part has been building the system.

I find playing with recipes in beersmith and reading about different styles to be fun, the problem then is picking which ones to make next and then actually doing it.

QldKev

+1 for both!

gotta add working out what to make on the next brew day & formulating the recipe has to be up there too.

Smelling the mash, drinking a well made product and all the bits in between. Giving beer to friends and work colleagues who are amazed that 'homebrew' can taste like beautifully made beer is also a treat.

Knowing you've broken the rules and are half-cut before adding the bittering hops ;)

Tasting the hydro sample as the beer ferments. And walking through almost any shop and imagining ways that almost anything can be used for brewing. And planning the next few recipes. Ah, so many favourite parts!...

Firstly, drinking/sharing my home brewed beer.

Secondly, using my motorised grain mill. Love that bit of kit! :D

+1 Brewdays.
(Watching somebody else leave a ball-valve open.)

QldKev

From formulating the recipe to blowing the keg, and every step in between. Actually so far my favourite part has been building the system.

Knowing you've broken the rules and are half-cut before adding the bittering hops ;)

Tasting the hydro sample as the beer ferments. And walking through almost any shop and imagining ways that almost anything can be used for brewing. And planning the next few recipes. Ah, so many favourite parts!...

No need to reply, all has been said. B)

Back