Whats Your Favourite Part Of Homebrewing?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its all good, also like poking my fingers around the spent yeast cake after primary, like some archaeologist looking for clues,

the daily visit to this forum is also a good thing

My favorite thing about making beer apart from drinking it is staring at my stockpile, knowing that I aint gunna run out in a hurry.

Expanding my brewing knowledge, building the brewery, planning upgrades, and of course regular sampling of product... :icon_cheers:

Where's the poll? :lol:

I love it all, on brewday it's the mash though, afterwards would be enjoying my beer with mates/relo's, knowing they're enjoying it as much as I am.

+1 sharing it around, I really get a kick out of that. When people try one of your beers and go 'Wow, did you make this?' that's pretty cool. Makes all the hours of cleaning, thinking over recipes and sourcing ingredients for brew-day worthwhile. Gotta admit the 'glub-glub' when the airlock first goes on a new batch is pretty cool too though! :)

Hopper.

Whoooshshshhssh as you blow the keg

sweet and sad

Whoooshshshhssh as you blow the keg

sweet and sad

ah no way ... that makes me sad.

I like the research and design part of it. Also the constant amazement on how simple things really are on brew day.

The sweet sweet first runnings from the mash tun really gives me a half mast. Maybe even moreso than first cracking a long anticipated bottle/keg of brew.

ah no way ... that makes me sad.

I like the research and design part of it. Also the constant amazement on how simple things really are on brew day.

Its sweet, because a keg which blows fast is a keg that was enjoyed :)

its sad because the same beer that was enjoyed so much, is now gone... (unless you have another keg ;))

but on the bright side... you now have room in your keg fridge for another keg! and you also have a nice easy-to-clean keg ready for filling! yeay :)

And, a keg that was enjoyed gives you another data point towards perfecting the perfect version of a given recipe, which is my favourite thing :)

Knowing you've broken the rules and are half-cut before adding the bittering hops ;)

LMFAO...

Getting feedback on my brews, from those who know WTF the difference is between quality and swill...

yeah, getting feedback is great!

iv had a cider brewing for the last three days.... and its still bubbling away..... i actually turn the tv off to listen to it!

Relaxation of a brew day, I just get to mill around and do my own thing while listening to music.

Sitting in a flashy pub with friends trying different imported beers and all you can think about is that beautifully hopped, citrusy APA (homebrew), packed full of aroma and flavour that is waiting for you when you get home.

Favourite thing is a brew day like today... I was just able to take my time with everything, make as much noise as I wanted, put my feet up with a coffee, watch some TV, browse the net. Just relaxed and let things happen. And all at the end of it have a 40L of wort ready for fermenting whenever I want.

My fav part is bottling, even though it may seem like a teadious task to most people.
I get heaps of joy and satisfaction when pouring all that beer into all those bottles, smelling half of them while I do it.
Then capping them all up while I contemplate what my next brew will be.

I also love brew day smelling the hop boil and mixing all the goods into the fermentor.

Ill go with the design and think. Putting it together and it works.

Favourite thing is a brew day like today... I was just able to take my time with everything, make as much noise as I wanted, put my feet up with a coffee, watch some TV, browse the net. Just relaxed and let things happen. And all at the end of it have a 40L of wort ready for fermenting whenever I want.

+1

My two fave brewing pastimes go together well.

Brewing Beer
Brewing Coffee

I love Saturdays (brewday)

that satisfied feeling of contentment when a brew goes right and ends up just how you planned. and then the blowing of a keg and the exitement of starting the process all over again.

yeah ill have to add the awesome feeling of a successful brewday.

I love the positive feedback when people try your beer & the same people start asking questions on how on earth you made it.
I also love the chemistry / science involved on brewday, the electronic gadgets & the whole process from start to finish. I enjoy drinking it & sharing it with mates & even SWMBO has the odd glass as well & she's not particularly fond of beer.

Back