What's with the PC bullshit?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I dont know.
Obama had some pretty scary looking supporters also..

michelle-obama-hideous.jpg

Silly isn't it?

I think trump is a narcissistic loose cannon as much as the next rational person, but so long as we keep playing this game of personality politics over meritocracy, expect to keep on seeing the likes of Trump and that horrible **** Hillary rise to the top like so much scum.
Don't mind you having an opinion on Donald or Hillary - the use of **** rather than giving a reason for not liking her is well a bit cheesy... perhaps even cringe worthy.
Mark

Just the Muslims? Not on religious grounds? Slippery slope eh haha. True meaning of Christmas, everyone needs to buy their neighbour a home brew voucher. If they don’t drink they can buy a cordial & sit quietly. [emoji3][emoji1335]
I have had seasons greetings from ex business associates, Chinese, (atheist) Indian (both Hindu and Sikh) non from Indonesian Muslim's who I have done business with in the past, though that could have been because of the pigskin shoes I sold them, how was I to know Halal went as far as shoes!

Well I think it would be a nice gesture if the Muslims just entered into the spirit of Christmas not on religious grounds just for peace and harmony. And as long as they don't make it compulsory for us to return the gesture for the celebrations at the end of Ramadan a ding dong.

Looks more like Hillsong dropkicks.

Just received email from AHB wishing me a "Happy holiday ". Please don't tell me AHB is so P.C. we can't say " Merry Christmas "?
After all, those likely to be offended aren't likely to be brewers or drinkers are they?
Allright, off my high horse now.
Merry Christmas to all.
Merry christmas and happy holidays!
It sounds like you're offended?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Aussie Home Brewer mobile app

Merry Gristmass and a happy new beer.

maybe they should have gone with that ^. May have avoided another rant thread. :)

Question in need of answer. How does this “happy holiday” work if you are not having holidays? Eg retired, unemployed, having to work through etc.

So “happy/merry to what ever you fancy at this time of the year everyone”

Religion and politics are two things I hate talking about! Here we have them both in the one....

I’m the least religious person I know. Having said that, we still celebrate Christmas and Easter, I still wish people a merry Christmas and happy Easter and also tell them I hope they have a great holiday period/season etc. I can see both sides of the petty argument but don’t understand why so many of you are getting worked up by it all.

Over this holiday period I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year, stay safe on the road, watch the waves if you’re rock fishing and be ******* kind to each other. Have a beer, have a mead, have another shrimp on the barbie.

Yeah, it does get massively overplayed. I have friends from all cultures and walks of life and I don't know any one that would get pissed about being wished happy whatever-religious-festival-of-the-day. Just as I wouldn't get upset if I was wished happy Diwali or Eid.

I think the people who insist on being PC at all costs and the people who get pissed off at people being PC secretly want to have each other's babies.

Latest posts

Back