Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Care to share the Recipe Batz?

I would like to try a side by side Wolfman, but it is a very nice beer all the same. If you would like the recipe as is still shoot me a PM, happy to give share it with you.

Batz

Hobgoblin Clone

View attachment 59141

Really enjoying this! I need to do a side by side with the real thing to access the beer fully. No matter, I'll be brewing this one again, the beer looks darker than actually is, colour is about right for a Hobgoblin.

I have two 9lt kegs of this that are going on the beer engine over Xmas, can't wait. :beer:

OK a side by side.

DSCF2947.JPG

Mines a bit darker and the Hobgoblin is a little sweeter. I think it's almost there, perhaps when I lighten it a little the taste my be even closer. I gave the wife a taste of both and she said they were almost the same, but mine was the best....dear little possum.

Julie's always been a good lier mate..... ;)

As for me, I've started on my swap beers.... First up is #16. Kegs23 - Nelson Summer Ale

image.jpg

Pretty damn good on a warm afternoon....

Review is in the QLD Xmas swap tasting thread for those interested.....

Cheers

Kohatu smash, all MO with kohatu at 40, 20, 10 and 0 minutes to about 34IBUs with california lager yeast. I really like this yeast, its awesome!

image.jpg

8. Stillscottish - Passionfruit-infused Belgian Wit

Review in the QLD Xmas swap thread, but...

image.jpg

Nom, nom, nom, nom......

A NickB porter (a choc one I think)
nickp.JPG
A good beer Nick, a bit sweet upfront but has a firm bitter finish that talked me around. High 30's sort of beer.

Edit: effing 'smart' laptop

Porter? Me? From when? Huh!?!?!!!

Porter? Me? From when? Huh!?!?!!!

It had "NickB Porter" stuck on the PET bottle lid, and it was one, so who knows how long its been at the back of the fridge :rolleyes:
Still drinking well though............

Fair enough.... Has been bloody ages since I brewed a porter.... Almost years.... Oh we'll, at least you didn't die from it (yet)

;)

Wheat IPA
Cantget pic to upload so just imagine an empty glass with some lace as It will be gone soon and is yum.

This thread is making me sick!

My keg freezer is dead and i have 4 kegs sitting in the garage heat, and drinking bought beer :(

BASTARDS!

My keg freezer is dead and i have 4 kegs sitting in the garage heat, and drinking bought beer :(

BASTARDS!

post in the other thread, the commercial one, and show us what your drinking :icon_chickcheers:

BASTARDS!

Tony my God! Do you need lifelines number? I couldn't imagine your pain :(

The hangover part 3
Recovery
grisette1.JPG
4.5% Grisette - nice and gentle

I don't think Carlton Cold is allowed in that thread :p

Commiserations on the freezer though Tony. That sux.

VB Gold mate............. Carlton's answer to compete with the AWSOME XXXX Gold!

Pics Posted :p

BASTARDS!
I have 4 kegs sitting in the cold and drinking beautifully, sorry Tony its the truth.

DSCF2952.JPG

Hobgoblin on the beer engine, it can't get much better than this.

DSCF2954.JPG

Back