Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never buying Guinness again!

All praise the VT037 Multimix bottle :)

Guinness11152x1728.jpg

Guinness21728x1152.jpg

No shamrock in the foam?

I'm probably light years behind on this but I just have to ask, what is a VT037 Multimix bottle?

It didn't come up on Google.

It's a sad sad day.

Just finished the last bottle of probably the best AIPA I've ever brewed, and probably one of the best brews I've ever made.

It will be fondly remembered.

I'm probably light years behind on this but I just have to ask, what is a VT037 Multimix bottle?

It didn't come up on Google.

Its a gas bottle...... filled with 30% Co2 and 70% nitrogen.

Probably missing the point here but have always assumed this thread is for showing off one's beers & brewing skills & not for idle chit-chat as per most of the last posts ??????
My point being --- No pretty pics then no post. :ph34r:

Just to stay on-topic here's a pic of my Rob Roy 80\- in an inappropriate glass.

Love your nitro setup Tony.

0165_Rob_Roy_Scottish_80_Shillings.JPG

Ok a picture :huh: :p

Way too cold to take it outside in my normal spot.

DSCF2790.JPG

My Pilsner Urquell clone, I should be drinking ales but this is four months old and very nice.

idle chit-chat

Belgian Dubbel.

Being anal about getting my fermentation temps and starting gravity's spot on as opposed to my regular casual approach really paid dividends with this beer. With only about six weeks under its belt in the bottle it tastes as good as it looks, fruity without being overly sweet, warm without being hot, if you know what I mean. As usual, could stand to finish drier.

DSC_4126.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

One of waggastew's recent efforts.

Can't recall what style it's supposed to be. Anyway, I'm enjoying it.

Deep golden colour, little in the way of head. Medium carbonation.
Restained aroma, similar to the palate.
Gentle sweetness, from what I think must be Pils malt, on the palate, along with noble hop spice and fruitiness. Medium bodied.
Quite a long sustained malty finish, just held in check by the lingering hop flavour and light bitterness.
Higher carbonation would possibly give it a crisper finish, without wanting to be critical.

Nice effort, and it's slaking my thirst nicely. Could easily do a session on this.

View attachment 56583

One of waggastew's recent efforts.

Can't recall what style it's supposed to be. Anyway, I'm enjoying it.

Deep golden colour, little in the way of head. Medium carbonation.
Restained aroma, similar to the palate.
Gentle sweetness, from what I think must be Pils malt, on the palate, along with noble hop spice and fruitiness. Medium bodied.
Quite a long sustained malty finish, just held in check by the lingering hop flavour and light bitterness.
Higher carbonation would possibly give it a crisper finish, without wanting to be critical.

Nice effort, and it's slaking my thirst nicely. Could easily do a session on this.

Was an attempt at a Euro style lager. Will drop over another bottle as all my others have plenty of carb. I must have been daydreaming when I primed (or didn't as the case may be) that one!

IMG_1829.jpg

Pours very pale, with a slight ginger beer tinge to it. Mrs warra thought I was pouring a ginger beer!
Not a big head, but what's there is sustained for some time, although it ultimately dies down.
Aroma has a restrained light fruity lemony quality. I can't detect anything that should not be there.
Very neutral flavour, with no real malt as I notice, but with a slight cereal quality. No diacetyl.
Hop flavour is restrained, and tastes the same as the aroma.
Bitterness is just high enough to balance the very light palate, and leaves a clean finish, with a slightly acidic citric finishing touch to clean up.

Altogether a very refreshing light well balanced lager.

It's not one of my brews, but another of waggastew's efforts.
This must be the beer from post #3400, in the "What are you Brewing" thread.
I tasted it and wrote these notes before I found what it was meant to be.

this red IPA attempt:

eqJU0.jpg

Not quite as bitter as I'd hoped, still delicious though. (the ol spreadsheet had it up around 70IBU but I'd say its more like 40-50)

Obviously a lot darker when not held in front of a lamp ;)

Looking forward to seeing the colour as the keg clears up in the coming weeks.

23l BIAB no chill
67deg single infusion
78deg mashout
1057 OG

5kg maris otter
0.5kg carared
0.4kg wheat
70g carafa special T2

10g CTZ @ 60
10g cascade @ 10
10g centennial @ 10
10g chinook @ 10
10g amarillo @ 10

20g cascade @ cube
20g centennial @ cube
20g chinook @ cube
20g amarillo @ cube

CC hops after a week in primary:
9g nelson sauvin (leftovers)
25g cascade
25g amarillo
10g centennial
10g chinook

Notto yeast.

this red IPA attempt:

Not quite as bitter as I'd hoped, still delicious though. (the ol spreadsheet had it up around 70IBU but I'd say its more like 40-50)

Obviously a lot darker when not held in front of a lamp ;)

Looking forward to seeing the colour as the keg clears up in the coming weeks.

WOW - That is RED! Thank you for postin the recipe... will be trying that grain bill Saturday

I love you.

a little.

Not any more.

I think the iphone camera is playing tricks on us because it's not that ******* red.
Still, I think I nailed the colour I was after.
I'll post a daylight photo on Saturday.

Latest posts

Back