Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCF2551.JPG

Batz Mongrel

I brew a little over a keg these days to allow for filtering etc, the extra which is around 1.5lts goes into a 9lt keg that I name my Mongrel.
Mostly these turn out to be surprising good beers considering ales, lagers, pilsners and whatever go into them. This one is drinking very nicely today while turning out 50lt of Aussie Lager and 50lt of Dark Bohemian Pilsner.

Batz

had a session at a mates. drinking his pale clone. i must say keg vs bottle. keg wins.

was a lcpa clone but reeked of honey/butterscotch. still tasty though

asd_006.jpg

My first Saison is bottle conditioning and it tastes like shit, maybe another 6 months? Anyway's this one on the other hand... fermented with farmhouse 3726 is freaking awesome!! tastes peppery as, only in the keg a few days ago so needs a another week or so but I could slam a dozen of these suckers!!! What an awesome yeast, fermented at 28deg and tastes smooth!!!

This is my leffe brune clone after a week in bottle (too early but was my first bulk prime and wanted to check it worked) tasted effing awsome tho :) plus my first in the glass post

IMG_1639.JPG

nothing fancy, just a nice cool aussie ale after a heavy stinking day :icon_chickcheers:

ordale1.jpg

Here's my Hoegaarden clone... kegged it Friday night

IMAG0102.jpg

8 Wired India Red Ale (ira) clone.

Almost a tad thin upfront but it is tasting very nice by the end of the first glass. Need a bit more carbonation. Massive bitterness and some loverly ruby red colours.

Picture_001.jpg

Man, these are going down bloody well today

Andrews CPA with awesome POR flowers-

109_1376.JPG

Belgian Saison. About 1/4 of the keg left and it just gets better and better!

109_1386.JPG

IMG_1041.jpg

First pint of Tony's LCBA. Damn this is good. Spot on colour and flavour, possibly needs a touch more late hop for aroma in this glass but no biggy. Best beer I've made.

This is my Westmalle Tripel clone on the left. On the right is the real thing (just got my delivery from the belgian shop). Mine is a little darker in colour but I was so surprised when I compared the two the only difference I could pick is mine was a flyshit sweeter and a little less thick of a mouthfeel but other than that preety damn close.
The recipe is from the homebrewchef.com. Would I make it again? Not the biggest fan to tell the truth and I actually like my version better than the real thing.
:icon_cheers:

IMG_0500.jpg

This is my Westmalle Tripel clone on the left. On the right is the real thing (just got my delivery from the belgian shop). Mine is a little darker in colour but I was so surprised when I compared the two the only difference I could pick is mine was a flyshit sweeter and a little less thick of a mouthfeel but other than that preety damn close.
The recipe is from the homebrewchef.com. Would I make it again? Not the biggest fan to tell the truth and I actually like my version better than the real thing.
:icon_cheers:

View attachment 52562

Wow! How tastes differ. Westmalle would have to be one of my favourite beers, ever.

Looks great Gav!

Would love a taste if you're ever down in Brissy. Will swap you for unlimited samples at my bar ;)

Cheers

Looks great Gav!

Would love a taste if you're ever down in Brissy. Will swap you for unlimited samples at my bar ;)

Cheers

Hey Nick,

When this rain stops i'll be getting my counter pressure bottle filler rig made so I might be able to send a bottle down. If you like it would you be keen to do a keg swap? I have 1 more full keg.

Keg swap sounds interesting!

If not, try to make it along to one of the QLD gatherings and we can bring a keg of each!

Or, a few bottles of various brews as a swap would be good too!

Up to you mate!

Mind you, I'm sure Pete would like to be involved....

Now, Back ON Topic...

;)

Latest posts

Back