Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Next time you need to do a pilsner, I've got two 25kg sacks of pilsner malt with your name on them.

I'm drinking my Belgian saison which has confused the hell out of me. Lovely beer but every so often I pick up a medicinal taint - strong in some bottles, faint in others and completely absent from some others. Can't work out if it's the yeast, a minor infection or something else. Not present in any other beer and no chlorine within cooee.

Picture is as good as your imagination.

Leffe Blonde Clone.
Been aged a while now. (10 months I guess)
Beautiful. pic a bit darker than reality.

P1010035.JPG

Leffe Blonde Clone.
Been aged a while now. (10 months I guess)
Beautiful. pic a bit darker than reality.
P1010035.JPG

'Bit dark for a Blonde'

Agreed. Pic is a bit darker than reality. It is much darker than when first brewed, thats for sure. Can 10 months lagering do this?
Colour should be 10.8EBC (est in beersmith)

Glad you liked it mate

Awesome galaxy at the finish, got punched in the mouth with a grapefruit, belgian lace all the way, nice beer B)

was it bottle conditioned ?

If the Schwarz is up to standard I'll send a couple, if it's shit I'll blame Auspost :lol:

cheers

Yard

Based on Weyermann Red Brick (wheat beer) with homegrown hersbrucker hops for all additions. Wheat, Vienna, Caramunich 1, Caraaroma. Dry hopped with Nels Sav & Moteuka and 1 kg of stewed rhubarb, beetroot juice for a little extra colour.

Red_rhubarb_wheat__480x640_.jpg

Maybe not as tart or rhubarby as I thought but probably not a bad thing as it is subtle rather than dominant. It has a few things going on but is still undeniably a wheat beer. No banana or clove evident.

A very nice Pilsner after a big day on the chainsaw, low clouds over the high country, life doesn't get much better than this.

DSCF2533.JPG

Batz

Geez Jeff, your grass is looking a little yellow! Thought the rain may have greened it all up ;)

I've lost count on the number of times I have called my missus over to look at that view. Sensational looking Pils, too!

Ok, it's 1934/1935 in my house at the moment. And I live in Kent.

I'm drinking Fuller's OBE (1935) - ~7% hyper-hopped sweet caramel goodness (no photo it's a bit cloudy still <_< .

And I've just finished a keg of Kidd Pale Ale (1934) (posted a pic of this before but here's another next to my EKG)

... so I refilled the keg with a beer I never thought i'd brew. Kidd XXX (1934). It's Mild Jim, but not as we know it. 6% and friggin' tasty. I used black patent instead of caramel to get the colour, which has given it a bit more roastiness than the recipe asks for, but hey it's noiiiiiice.

Now, if I get botulism from this lot it'll have been worth it :)

And the link to the recipes: http://www.unholymess.com/blog/lets-brew

1934_Kidd_PA_2.jpg

1934_Kidd_XXX.jpg

Back