Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a magnificent Belgian pale that RobW brewed and I was fortunate enough to snaffle a couple of bottles.

IMG_0014.jpg

Excellent drop, great balance and devastatingly easy to drink on a hot afternoon.

This was a magnificent Belgian pale that RobW brewed and I was fortunate enough to snaffle a couple of bottles.

View attachment 33956

Excellent drop, great balance and devastatingly easy to drink on a hot afternoon.

Ah that's one of Rob's Ardennes beers we tried? They were bloody rippers. :chug:

Warren -

Saison, brewed with 3711. First time I've ever heard a beer fermenting.
Saison..jpg
I've come across a quote from Neonmate a few times saying saison should be our national drink (or something to that effect.). Ferments warm, thirst quenching ect. I've always agreed with that statement and do even more so now I've got a keg of the stuff. This certainly isn't the best saison I've drunk but my god it's good in this heat.

Ah that's one of Rob's Ardennes beers we tried? They were bloody rippers. :chug:

Warren -

Even I got to try Rob's Belgian Pale and have to agree with devo and warren. A bloody easy to drink drop. :icon_chickcheers:

And Rook, the Pils looks great. As does Warren's Golden Ale :icon_drool2: . And who said nothing good came out of Victoria apart from the road to South Australia :rolleyes: !

C&B
TDA

Got my Kriss Kringle Present from work yesterday and had to give it a go..

its 1.2lts of the Fat Yak Clone I tried. *took a bit to drink.. funny though warmer the beer got the better the beer tasted hmm or more pissed i got*

med_gallery_9889_466_36024.jpg

Fents' and Troy's Cream Ale.
God this is a good drop! This batch done with Hal. Mit. !!
Damn it, I have only got 80 odd L left for xmas....
Head is much better than this glass of shows......

Hey Cocko! Mate the cream ale is tops! Awesome quafer for the hot summer days! Oh, thank Jamil Zainasheff for that recipe too! ;)

Hey Cocko! Mate the cream ale is tops! Awesome quafer for the hot summer days! Oh, thank Jamil Zainasheff for that recipe too! ;)

Dead set quafer is right.....

I love it, one tap Cream and the other a nice hoppy APA, great combo.

Hopefully the family will enjoy it over xmas!

100_2497.JPG

Septic Kaiser (kolsch with US-05), only kegged this today so it might brighten up a bit more, nice to get back to a simple hopped recipe and appreciate the malt :chug:

cheers
Dave

Got my Kriss Kringle Present from work yesterday and had to give it a go..

its 1.2lts of the Fat Yak Clone I tried. *took a bit to drink.. funny though warmer the beer got the better the beer tasted hmm or more pissed i got*

med_gallery_9889_466_36024.jpg

Gava + 1.2lts of fat yak clone = :icon_drunk:

Godd looking beer there gav how does it stack up to fat yak ( better i hope).

Kleiny

Gava + 1.2lts of fat yak clone = :icon_drunk:
Godd looking beer there gav how does it stack up to fat yak ( better i hope).
Kleiny

I believe its the Fat Yak Clone i wrote up in the thread with the same name. A beer ive still yet to make! :p Looks abit darker than i expected however.

Testing a bottle of my brown ale. Lovely easy drinking drop this one.

I'll have another one in honour of Rook's grandmother who sadly passed away last night.... Hey rook my (and I'm certain others) thoughts and wishes are with you at this sad time. :(

Warren -

20122009152.jpg

Summer Bitter I tried for the other family members. Great clarity and sublte bitterness. First time I used nottingham too. Loving it. Might just keep it for myself and tell them to bring their own! :icon_drunk:

22122009002.jpg

A couple of weizens, the 500ml glass is a commercial Erdinger Hefe Weizen, the smaller 300ml glass is my latest batch which is now in its prime. The Erdinger is a lot darker, and while its a reasonably fresh one (expires next October), the one I brewed a few weeks ago is so much nicer.

IMG_0026.jpg

Smash my favourite things - munich and amarillo smash.

Quite a good beer, but needed some time to condition to mellow out as there is quite a hop presence...I was hoping for something a bit darker in colour, but I have a feeling that gelatine strips a bit of the colour out of the beer along with the yeast.

Cheers
Phil

26122009071.jpg

My LCBA clone....... Id say its past clone now..... its hoppier! and i like it.

PRAISE THE LORD FOR NZ HOP FLOWERS!

LCBA4.jpg

Edit: Pic is a couple EBC darker than the beer really is. It was overcast.

Great Wall of Hops MK I (Chinese Cascade)

Will be doubling the hops in the next batch as these are very subtle compared to the american varieties!

View attachment 34177

Cheers!

dam they are some good looking beers. Sadly i have not been able to brew so its just some coopers in my glass.

tomorrow is a brew day however so hopefully i can again drink lush home brew beer "real beer"

Back